Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2021.07.01, 06:47 AM   #41
fernan1234

fernan1234 pleased at least somebody

Looking at the photo book bundled with the first press CD, we can hear this album as it sounded to the band during recording by using a pair of JVC-Victor HA-MX100 monitoring headphones.
I guess this proves Victor/JVC > Sony.
fernan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021.08.06, 12:56 AM   #42
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Ok for some reason the site isnt letting me make a new thread, and I dunno if anyone is around to help with that, but, for those that are interested.

On September 29, Tokyo Jihen are releasing all their full lengths (Education, Adult, Variety, Sports, Discovery, Music) on vinyl for the first time. This isn't some weird singles collection like before, but the full albums, all double LP.

Preorders are up already, I preordered all and it came to about $430 Australian including shipping. Sounds a lot but knowing what Ringo vinyl prices go for eventually, seems like it was a worthy investment.

They seem to be getting new remasters too- this is the part I'm fearful of. Remaster and Ringo never go together, but I will hold out a tiny bit of hope haha.

If Glath is still around, I wonder if he'll be buying the LPs too

Oh yeah, for the psycho fans, Jihen are also releasing their own Crosley turntable. It's a piece of shit (a 99 dollar turntable skinned with Jihen logos, with a price tag of 39,800 yen) but you know, it's there if you REALLY want it.
Old 2021.09.30, 01:19 PM   #43
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

Had their new song "Primal" on repeat for a while before realizing it's a cover. Maybe it's time to check out the new album even though it's completely unrelated to this track.

I love that now that I have instant access to all of their music, I never get around to listening to any of the new stuff. I didn't even listen to Sandokushi yet!
BanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021.10.05, 05:15 AM   #44
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by BanFan View Post
I love that now that I have instant access to all of their music, I never get around to listening to any of the new stuff. I didn't even listen to Sandokushi yet!
That's actually probably the best way to go into the albums. People who have stuck around for all the singles between albums tend not to be as satisfied because the albums compile a lot of those and it can feel less like a proper studio album. Music and Sandokushi are both worth checking out though!

FWIW you should also check out Ringo's cover of LET'S GO on the Ordinary Love tribute album, it's great stuff. Makes me wish we had a full jazz covers album from her.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021.10.22, 08:41 PM   #45
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

After going through the new vinyl, I can absolutely without any doubt confirm that all the albums do indeed have a new 'remaster' on them. There's some really nifty things throughout them all and a lot of thought has been put in. Reducing the volume of the hihat on Variety comes to mind haha.

There also are some really questionable things done too, like increase vocal levels on some Sports tracks when they were fine before.