Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.07.15, 11:12 PM   #11
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm surrounded by hip-hop fans so Ringo does not get much love around these parts @_@. Although, my brother said that he likes TJ's music but he does not like the language not being english. He really likes OSCA though, I guess it has more mainstream appeal than their other songs.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.16, 09:41 AM   #12
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I asked some people in the #MT IRC and they just said it was weird.. OSCA, that is.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.17, 05:20 AM   #13
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Most of my friends came to like SR/TJ's stuff... or at least, now they can stand Shiina's voice and came to recognize, that there're some songs, that match their taste
One of them still is driven mad by that lovely singing...
But I haven't given up on convincing her to like AT LEAST one song =D (Baby Come on let's go has potential... she heard the original barbee boys-version in my car and she liked it - she's a little 80's-fan...)

ah, come to think of it... nobody ever liked Stoicism of the people I know XD
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.17, 06:53 AM   #14
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by MBF View Post
now they can stand Shiina's voice
It's rough when you really enjoy something, but other people refuse to give it a chance. :-|
Ahh, c'est la vie!

Ooo, I almost forgot.

I had to drive my friend to pick up his car from the shop a couple years ago, and on the way he asked me what cds I had. He saw Shouso Strip and put it in. After laughing at me for listening to Japanese music, I could see by the way he was acting that he really enjoyed it. By the end of the ride, he had turned the volume up to DEAFENING, and we drove through a well-populated area blasting Honnou and Izonshou.

I copied the cd for this guy the next day, and a couple weeks later I asked him if he still listened to it. Apparently he listened to it a lot, but his sister (who majors in vocal performance) listened to it even more. I was amazed, because she was the first girl I knew of who actually enjoyed Shiina Ringo's music.

GOOD
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.17, 07:54 AM   #15
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

'Her voice is irritating'
'I thought Shiina Ringo is a man! the kanji "Ringo" sounds so muscular!'
'What is Tokyo Jihen?'
'Oh I see.'
'Mm-hmm.'
'Her melons look juicy.'

Fuck.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.17, 08:04 AM   #16
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

"I can't keep listening to that voice!" /x_x\
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.19, 09:09 AM   #17
baboo

baboo is headed in the right direction

Lover: "She sounds like Chip and Dale" T_________T
Mate: "ROOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCKKKKKKK (why so pretty? why so talented...argh..and other tons of over-reactions) "
Brother: "A F*ckingly talented woman..I don't mind throw myself between her thighs
Self-claimed papa: "I'll bloody train myself very hard so one day I can play in her band and ffff her...don't mind if she's 40 or 50 then"
Rocker-wannabe: "Funky man! I like the keyboard *when listening to Kabuki*...wait! what language is she singing in again?"
Self-claimed brother: "You and all your Jap shit! Get lost...." *me, crying and growing moss in one corner of the room*

And here are my favourite quote I found online...about Izawa though

"Izawa, the keyboardist of Tokyo Jihen, he can just rape you and you wouldn't care because his skill is awesome"...something like that....

...sounds horny? but really...I think most people find SR/TJ kinda sexeiiii

Last edited by baboo : 2007.07.19 at 09:13 AM.
baboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 05:36 AM   #18
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I noticed a Shiina Topic popped up on Neogaf, a popular gaming forum today. Some choice quotes:

I'm not a huge fan of Tokyo Jihen, the band that she's currently in. The songs are OK, but not amazing like her solo work.
honestly, she just kinda freaks me the fuck out.
Her live concert Dynamite Out! Is probably one of the best live performances I've seen by a Japanese artist. Highly recommended.
I felt that the second Tokyo Jihen album didn't really click with me and after that I kinda got fazed out of her stuff.
she also has that 'I'm so crazy that I'll kill you while we're fucking' thing that makes her hot as hell. I wish she hadn't gotten the mole removed.
Old 2008.04.02, 05:49 AM   #19
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

omfg, NeoGAF? Theres a Shiina thread on gaffe?
They're on the money this time.

Thats the SCARIEST pic of Shiina I've EVER seen, and I've never seen it before! WTH? She looks like a ghetto "south-side San Antonian" in that pic. One of those Asian-lookin mexicans. Even tho they buy nothing but name brand, expensive stuff, it still makes em look really cheap. I dunno, if thats an anology anyone but me gets, but it fits totally. It looks like beneath the frame are super long, fake, fingernailed hands gripping a bag of Hot Cheetos.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.04.02 at 05:58 AM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.02, 06:00 AM   #20
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Ha, I think I know exactly what you mean. Didn't know you frequented gaf. I've just been lurking for about 2 years. I find it to be the fastest place to get gaming news... if something pops up on any gaming site, a thread will appear in seconds. And the off-topic is often hilarious. I applied to be a member about 8 months ago but they only let people through once or twice a year. Still haven't got my confirmation email yet

But yeah, I was shocked to see the Shiina topic. And even more so when it turned out to be some decent talk.