Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.08.23, 08:01 PM   #31
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Though Paul does admit that he's changed, and he's definitely matured. I doubt he'll be writing another "Why Don't We Do it in the Road," nor does it seem like he'd have any desire to do so.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.23, 08:02 PM   #32
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

I'm convinced someone in this thread never leaves their house.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.23, 08:35 PM   #33
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Do we need to pass around a peace pipe....lol

everybody hatin'
we really just have to wait and see what happens w the new cd.

I'm amazed about how much you guys are typing in a post. I couldnt sit still that long. I'd die of hunger first.
All I say is not to rush to judge the cd when you havent heard it and at the same time, from what I've heard, it's just different.
Sometimes, change is good. Love man. Love.
Old 2007.08.23, 11:24 PM   #34
imkookoo

imkookoo is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I seem to be losing you guys. What I'm talking about is philosophical differences, like her self. I understand thats still vague, but i'm not meaning "growing up and not wanting to do keggers anymore.
I don't think you're losing anybody. I'm sure we're all aware of your meaning. We're trying to say that personality (which includes philosophies one holds) is not constant. It doesn't even have to take a major life event; it just takes a simple change of environment. There is -nothing- about the self that is concrete. Yes, there are some people who are more stable than others in that regard, but that's only because they either refuse to change, or they are content with who they are. But neither of those reasons to be stable are necessarily good or bad . It really depends on the situation.

Maybe to clarify your point, you can tell us what specifically Shiina has done to make it seem like she was "fake"? Is it a musical direction change? Image change? Politics change? Temperament change?

The only way I would consider her "fake" is if she didn't actually write any of her music/lyrics. Everything else about her concerning her image and her musical direction is just her art of creating personas. Those personas are not really her, yes, but they satisfy what she craves: To be different. And that's who she is.
imkookoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.24, 12:20 AM   #35
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
If that Shiina what made MM was in fact "real," she would not have disowned her other works, pretend it wasn't really her that made it. She seemed to have some conviction.
When did she ever say that she never wanted to make her old music? Where does this idea that she "disowned" her other works come from?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.24, 02:07 AM   #36
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Guess I'm not the only person who thinks everyone else is bullying Jihad.

And really, I don't think more than five people of the 300ish members of EMF are jaded Jihen fans like Jihad and I (and Maou but he's MIA). I was willing to accept Ukigumo before adult just because I had *some* faith in SR's choices in men, no, guitarists but after adult there is just no way I can tolerate this guy being in the band anymore, especially now since SR is delegating so much of the songwriting to him.

Just for clarification, where did this whole "fake apple real apple" thing come about from? Some kind of TJ interview that I missed? I'd like to know the source before commenting if Jihad is really being a little too serious about this situation.

For the record, being different is so 1999. Right now it's "in" to be compassionate and eco-minded. Oh, and to be incomprehensible and random too. [/unfounded observations by JR]
Old 2007.08.24, 02:38 AM   #37
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
I mean that you can tell if something is well composed or if someone actually took time to make something new instead of just producing some crap to sell to the dumb masses. I don't understand how people like metal either, but I don't think its hard to see how people like uki.
I think that everything I don't like is either

done for the money

done to get a cool clishe image

done with passion, but just bad.

Uki would fit in the third categorie. But I somehow also know that I'm not right.

@The Jihad discussion

Yeah, it seemed to me as if Jihad had a source where she actually said all this. But I don't know if I remember that correctly

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.24, 05:21 AM   #38
clakaz

clakaz is an asset to this community

Let´s hear Shiina

from Sigma

`You say I betray you
that I’m always changing
When all I really do
is not stay true to your illusions`

clakaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.24, 05:39 AM   #39
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I think its hilarious how i'm off the forum for the release of Killer Tune, come back, and this is started. I'm so happy you all hate the new work so much (considering it not even hers) and are angry with her recently, maybe if we all get you lucky you will start getting lives and just leave the forum. That would be truly lucky indeed.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.24, 05:44 AM   #40
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^ Here, here kuro_neko.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote