Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.09.08, 08:57 PM   #41
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Nice one Glath...

I'll have HZM be Izawa's stage presence coach. haha!
Old 2007.09.08, 09:03 PM   #42
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
If I were Shiina Ringo, I'd suppose it would depend upon how lazy (or drained of creative energy) I was. If I were still in my musical prime, I'd choose HZM.
So what yer saying is.... =P

To say Izawa is more mellow, I think is a bit unfortunate. I don't think its necessarily "his fault" he comes off "unenthusiastic" -- i think its the the fact the band as a whole is unenthusiastic. Now if it were Izawa in Dynamite Out, I'm not saying hed be on par with HZM, but I think we'd see him spice things up in comparison to his present. The very first time we saw the new lineup perform was on a show, "miming" Shuraba (only Shiina was live, the music was tracked.) Izawa was bobbing up and down, head banging, totally out of sync with the song to purposely call attention to the fact the bands not playing. I thought it was rawk, so from that point on Izawa earned his rep in my book. But I think it shows Izawa can bring some *umph* he just...i dont think, has the real showcase.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.09.08 at 09:07 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 09:31 PM   #43
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Izawa is definitely a more mellow person and the band is not unenthusiastic. It's just Izawa and Uki that are not bringing a lot of life to the live performances most of the time. I don't think they are bores, but sometimes they are and sometimes they are not. I think Izawa for the most part fits the songs pretty well in his performances, he just does not go all out as much as HZM. I'm beginning to think that Uki, on the other hand, is limited in how much he can move around and jump and stuff because of the sounds he has to make. It seems like he has to do so much at once that he can't just walk up to the front of the stage and just shred like hirama used to do. But, that might just be an excuse from a fan but it's what it seems like to me. I don't see how Ringo, Kameda, and especially hata can look unenthusiastic. Hata especially looks like he is having a blast ALL the time.

EDIT: And as for the question, I'm not so sure who i'd pick. Glath made me realize that HZM really does go into modes and does not seem to fluctuate as much as izawa does within songs, but he is so good that I can't help but assume that he CAN if the songs were written that way. But, I can only go from what I have heard and since I like phase 2 more, i'd have to choose Izawa because having HZM would probably change the music drastically. Not in a bad way, but I phase 2's style just the way it is.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.08, 09:40 PM   #44
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

"Shredding" is soo different from what Uki does, and so much simpler you can practically make breakfast while playing Hirama's parts.

Sheesh guys, come on =p
Old 2007.09.08, 09:56 PM   #45
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Dude, I'm not saying its super simple, I just think it's easier to do it and move around at the same time. I know, I've played guiitar hero ^_~
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.09, 02:54 AM   #46
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Izawa songs a pretty good, but I think I would choose HZM if Shiina were to write more songs. So basically the same thing that Glath said.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.09, 12:40 PM   #47
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

If you really loved HZM, you should be happy he's back in PE'Z. That band is really gimped without him. He and Wataru Oyama are the foundation of the band. There's a strong bond between those 5 guys that you can see.

whoever said that any pianist could do well in Tokyo Jihen, you could be right. Hiizumi looked really bored sometimes playing with TJ. Ringo's material leaves little room for jazz improv and a bit on the formulaic and simple side.

His antics are almost sarcastic like, "hey, I can play this standing backwards with one leg up on the keyboard because I only have to play 2 chords." Don't ask DaVinci to draw stick figures!

Izawa is another overqualified pianist and is a well rounded musician. Wasn't he recommended by HZM to Ringo anyway?
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.16, 07:19 AM   #48
theflare

theflare pleased at least somebody
Default It was all mellow...

everyone is saying Izawa is more mellow... mellow = boring compared to HZM. i'm indifferent to izawa, but i'm strongly against him playing guitar during lives. that just shows the gaping hole left by hirama's departure. Phase 2 TJ tries to make up for this by letting izawa play guitar using a set up thats more heavily distorted than ukigumo. funny thing is that his style is even more rock/metal than ukigumo.. the only good that uki is good for is R&B type songs.. ie honnou from JCHI and karada... don't even get me started on karada..

more than anything i'd rather have izawa stay and ukigumo booted..

speaking of which does anyone have hirama's new album? his samples were taken off his myspace and i can't find them
theflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.16, 10:07 AM   #49
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by theflare View Post
speaking of which does anyone have hirama's new album? his samples were taken off his myspace and i can't find them
It's on Jpopsuki.
Old 2007.09.16, 06:14 PM   #50
theflare

theflare pleased at least somebody

thanks so much~ i've been periodically searching for it but i could never find it~ awesome thanks so much!
theflare is offline   Reply With Quote