Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.08.30, 03:37 AM   #391
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Anybody got any recommendations for the PSP? I picked up a red 3000 model yesterday with Metal Gear Peace Walker and I've ordered the Valkyrie Profile game too but I'm not clued up on the console at all? last time I played one was years ago and that was just for Ridge Racer for a week!

Any suggestions welcome
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.30, 05:37 AM   #392
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

One game I would absolutely reccomend is Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core... even if you haven't played FFVII or aren't into Final Fantasy games at all.
Gameplay, Graphics, Music, Story - all great!
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.30, 08:52 AM   #393
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I've tended to stay away from anything Advent Children related as it all stinks a bit of lameness and cash-in still the PSP line up is pretty slim so I might pick it up? I know it's on offer locally paired with Dissidia for just £20 so I may check it out

Got the PSP Gran Turismo and noticed it has no career mode D: that's like the point of the game??? a bit soulless without it.

Probably gonna hack the firmware and get the NES emulators on it for Contra and Mario etc
Old 2010.08.30, 09:10 PM   #394
letemp

letemp is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Anybody got any recommendations for the PSP? I picked up a red 3000 model yesterday with Metal Gear Peace Walker and I've ordered the Valkyrie Profile game too but I'm not clued up on the console at all? last time I played one was years ago and that was just for Ridge Racer for a week!

Any suggestions welcome
Persona 3 Portable u can play as a girl too
letemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.31, 08:23 AM   #395
MBF

I've tended to stay away from anything Advent Children related as it all stinks a bit of lameness and cash-in still the PSP line up is pretty slim so I might pick it up? I know it's on offer locally paired with Dissidia for just £20 so I may check it out

Got the PSP Gran Turismo and noticed it has no career mode D: that's like the point of the game??? a bit soulless without it.

Probably gonna hack the firmware and get the NES emulators on it for Contra and Mario etc

Crisis Core takes place before FFVII... so I wouldn't connect it with Advent Children - except for taking place in the same universe they don't rly have much in common.
Dissidia's a lot of fun, too. Good single player campaign, that keeps you busy for quite a while. I just wished they didn't spoiler as much during the story-mode, since I haven't played all games of the series (yet).
Old 2010.08.31, 08:36 AM   #396
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

^Yeah I ordered it today online so should be playing it tomorrow (or so), been playing Metal Gear Solid (PS1) on my PSP at the momernt.

Looking forward to the 3rd Birthday also.
Old 2010.09.02, 12:53 AM   #397
jsmoove5

jsmoove5 pleased at least somebody

Any suggestions welcome
Valkyria Chronicles 2.. If it's anywhere close to the 1st game (which was for PS3), then it should be NICE!! too bad they decided to release the second one for PSP only..
jsmoove5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.06, 07:25 PM   #398
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I've had a lot of fun lately playing classic PS1 games on the PSP.

1) Final Fantasy Tactics - the remake was confusing at first because they retranslated everything (although it's easier to follow the plot now) but it's really gorgeous and I love the new art that's been incorporated. I'm really, really bad at playing games long enough to finish them and this might have been the first game I've beaten in a decade or so. Playing during breaks at work does help

2) Final Fantasy 7 - Just downloaded this (10$) from the PSN network (via the PS3)... wow! I never knew they had ported this on the PSP til a few days ago! So far it looks just like the classic version, but it loads faster. I'm pretty sure this one will last me all through fall!
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.06, 08:51 PM   #399
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Best game on PSN is Syndicate Wars! well providing you can get 3 other humans to join you.

On the whole I think the list of PS1 games available is tragic (UK store at least) most of them are garbage and some classics just aren't there.

Why is Tekken 2 there when 3 was king? where's Ridge Racer, Gran Turismo, Parasite Eve, Crash Bandicoot 3, any Resident Evil, Die Hard Trilogy, Wipeout 2097 (we only have the poorer 1st one) etc..

It's been out for years and the choice of "Classics" is a shambles and half of them aren't even good (back then or now).
Old 2010.09.07, 03:48 AM   #400
MBF

On the whole I think the list of PS1 games available is tragic (UK store at least) most of them are garbage and some classics just aren't there.
Absolutely seconded!

It becomes even more tragic, comparing the European/US-American stores to the Japanese one... =(
At least the US store has fair pricing.