Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.02.15, 04:20 PM   #51
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
I'm more concerned over the band being named Hamsandwich.
Not sure if you missed it but

Hamsandwich = (Ayumi) Hamasaki
Old 2015.02.15, 08:35 PM   #52
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I love me a good hamsandwich. Always reliably hits the spot when you're in need of a snack fix.

(Translation: YAYYY NEW AYU ~_~)
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.16, 03:58 AM   #53
Pretsy

Pretsy is headed in the right direction

Anyone excited about Daoko's upcoming major debut album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkdQZ-ctkYU

Sometimes it's good to be quite skeptic when it's about artists releasing albums in the very short term (Ringo as a case in point), but "Dimension" was quite neato, so I am kinda looking forward...

Last edited by Pretsy : 2015.02.16 at 03:59 AM. Reason: sample
Pretsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.16, 08:13 AM   #54
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Pretsy View Post

Sometimes it's good to be quite skeptic when it's about artists releasing albums in the very short term (Ringo as a case in point), but "Dimension" was quite neato, so I am kinda looking forward...
I must have missed "Dimension". I love the album "Gravity" and still listen to it fairly regularly.

Regarding the "hamsandwich", I had no idea that was Ayumi's nickname
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.16, 08:36 AM   #55
Slowdive

Slowdive has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Pretsy View Post

I'm really looking forward to it, I liked Dimension.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Hamsandwich's new album is out in April.

It's called A ONE.

Yep. A ONE.
lol. When reading Natalie I just skipped over this after seeing the title thinking it was another compilation.
Slowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.16, 05:47 PM   #56
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

New Roisin Murphy album in May. It's been too long since her last LP (8 years now?)... and I tend to forget about the slightly embarrassing 2009 Orally Fixated single (that guitar solo *shudders*). I knew something was up when her website had changed its look :-)

New song, Gone Fishing sounds good too, looks like she's dropped the disco sound for something more akin to her first album, which is all good by me!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.02.16 at 06:00 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.17, 09:59 AM   #57
Slowdive

Slowdive has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The new Capsule album is really good, a lot better than their last album for sure, which wasn't that bad imo.

Last edited by Slowdive : 2015.02.17 at 10:03 AM.
Slowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.18, 07:19 AM   #58
Pretsy

Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
The new Capsule album is really good, a lot better than their last album for sure, which wasn't that bad imo.
Inorite - I might not agree with your stance on CL (I just don't find any replay value in it ), but WR has its own place in Nakata's "I am doing mostly right" (let's exclude late Perfume here, k?) area. Sure, most might find "wait for the drop" bangers here to be...well, go and read the response @last.fm, but wtf - they did this in SW/WoF too. Why are people still complaining about "americanization"? It's not like US acts are exclusively entitled to use wait-for-the-drop-beats, frills and that kind of BS...not to mention that this is not Tomomi Itano-tier or m-flo-tier EDM we are talking about, sheesh :/
Old 2015.02.18, 03:08 PM   #59
deadgrandma

I was looking forward to listening to it, but like every other Capsule album I've attempted, found myself getting more and more bored and only listened to half at a time.

Caps Lock is a pretty hated on album by looks of it, I just think it's a dull album but no worse than PLAYER.

I think in the end, Capsule has just had it's time.

The people on Capsule/KPP/Perfume etc's last.fm pages seem very close minded to me, plus they mostly only listen to one genre of music. I find people to be so shelved to be hardly authorities on it, so Pretsy, if you like it then go for it.

Also, speaking of Nakata, he has another new whore?
Mito Natsume

Was Pika Pika Fantajin's sales REALLY that bad? I hate to say it, but this new girl actually rubs me the right way, her voice is similar to Paipaidekami and far less vocoder is used here.

EDIT: OK, I admit it, after a few spins I freakin' love it. *hides in shame*

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.02.18 at 04:17 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.02.19, 01:05 AM   #60
Pretsy

@Deadgrandma: I apologize for me being unintentionally hyper, but yeah - you got the gist here: I just tend to be easily irritated when it comes to fans suddenly complaining about something what their favorite band has done for years

Nonetheless, I am not saying this is their best effort (e.g. "White as Snow" or "Feel Again" are totes dull, and the content in general gets a bit too linear in the near end)

This Nakata's "new bitch" ain't really half-bad, but I highly doubt that their collab will last long :/

+ back to the topic: is anyone familiar with or perhaps...a fan of Dempagumi inc.? (um, anti-idols, heh) Their latest release is not half-bad either but perhaps a bit too safe for "denpa vibes"....

Last edited by Pretsy : 2015.02.19 at 01:10 AM.