Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.03.26, 01:25 PM   #121
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Cuz...
She sold it before and she's selling it again with some fancy packaging?
I think someone like SR (and her marketing people!) can think of something more creative to mark her 10 year anniversary.

Also, releasing Variety is a proof that she's lost it already.
Old 2008.03.26, 01:29 PM   #122
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

Yeah, she really has.

BUT, she could be creative and do something special with it. You know, true to Ringo form. Yeah, if she just burned a whole bunch of songs onto a couple of CDs and sold it as-is, that would suck. But she's (hopefully) better than that.
Old 2008.03.26, 03:16 PM   #123
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Cosmo! View Post
I'd wet myself if Ringo released a singles collection to celebrate her 10th year in the music industry. She could call it "Ringo Catalogue" and include everything up to and including Kono yo no Kagiri (although it probably shouldn't end on the instrumental version of Karisome Otome). It would show off her nifty progression and sell like hotcakes.
We're talking about the same woman who released ZCS on three CDs, when it could've all fit on one. Or Utaite Myoli on two CDs, when it could've all fit on one. A legitimate Singles Collection is not going to happen while she's still alive, unless they were still going to be on separate discs (that's at least nine discs). Cramming all the singles together onto a couple of fullsize CDs, robs each single of their own individual 'culture'. You stop thinking of B-Sides as B-Sides. You lose out on many pieces of cover art that were each part of their own massive marketing campaign, and people who already bought all the separate singles, are so angry that you could be such a corner-cutter and yet so happy.

Maybe it would sell like hotcakes outside of Japan, but within their borders, they take the singles culture a lot more seriously than most other nations still do. The decision to release such a collection, would be leveraged more on what the Japanese fans want, than what the international fans want. The presumption is, most of the Japanese fans who have an interest in owning that material - already have it, because they don't have many gripes with buying individual singles.

I understand some musicians such as Luna Sea, have released complete packages of their albums and singles, but they also make a few other sell-out choices that Shiina Ringo has a history of avoiding.
Old 2008.03.26, 05:16 PM   #124
old.boy

old.boy pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Singles collection?
Stale.
Boring.
Commercial sellout.
I want new music to rave about.

I suggest SR abandon the Jihens and collaborate with Mikio Hirama again. The two of them got a certain synergy.
I dunno about boring, but that might be jumping the shark.

And...I agree. They should make a baby, already. >__>;
Old 2008.03.26, 05:21 PM   #125
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by old.boy View Post

And...I agree. They should make a baby, already. >__>;
I like this new kid

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.03.26 at 05:25 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.26, 05:27 PM   #126
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I understand some musicians such as Luna Sea, have released complete packages of their albums and singles, but they also make a few other sell-out choices that Shiina Ringo has a history of avoiding.
Tell me you're not saying what I think you're saying. "Never Sold Out."

I had more to say, but I'll refrain for now.
Old 2008.03.27, 04:37 AM   #127
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

if I was SR, or ayu, or Utada in my 10th anniversary I would release a single/bsides collection as a double album + bestof album's tracks album + dvd box with all my dvds already released
and
*.*
a promo dvd (perhaps coming with the limited edition of the bestof album) with lots of unreleased performances that are edited from the live dvds or never had a dvd (like senkou Xstasy, EM's honnou/izonshou/kabukichou, etc)
oh please Ringo
do that
or a big demo pack, with all the demos of every released material, include ksk ones
omg
that would be orgasmatic
~¬~
and after it kick all the jihens and get back with Hirama to do lots of good stuff as JR said
now that would be really orgasmatic
Õ_Õ

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.27, 04:54 AM   #128
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
if I was SR, or ayu, or Utada in my 10th anniversary I would release a single/bsides collection as a double album + bestof album's tracks album + dvd box with all my dvds already released
and
*.*
a promo dvd (perhaps coming with the limited edition of the bestof album) with lots of unreleased performances that are edited from the live dvds or never had a dvd (like senkou Xstasy, EM's honnou/izonshou/kabukichou, etc)
oh please Ringo
do that
or a big demo pack, with all the demos of every released material, include ksk ones
omg
that would be orgasmatic
~¬~
and after it kick all the jihens and get back with Hirama to do lots of good stuff as JR said
now that would be really orgasmatic
Õ_Õ
If you were SR, Lena, you would still be bandless, screaming and changing guitarists like shoes. 10th Anniversary? Why do back catalogue re-release? Think big and go world tour xP !!

Unless the singles comes with score books + illustrations, I really don't care what she throws out next. In fact, I still need a legit Kyoiku @_@...
Old 2008.03.27, 05:07 AM   #129
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

well
the single/bsides collection would come with a booklet full of unreleased pics/illustrations from the singles and pics of she rehearsing and recording for the singles
and the bestof album would come the same kind of material, but obviously related with the albums
same with the dvd box

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.27, 07:26 AM   #130
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

If I were Shiina
I would retire to mark 'my' 10th anniversary.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote