Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.03.02, 12:57 AM   #221
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Sounding much better on the CDTV performance. Glad that the vocal performance of her MS shows are not definitively what the state of her voice is like these days.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.02, 04:54 PM   #222
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So. I've been sitting under a rock and just noticed that Aya and Bambi were recently backup dancers for Madonna on the Brit Awards. They probably also rigged her fall haha.

Theyre gonna be more famous than Ringo herself in no time.

Edit: also, I just heard the new SMAP single that Ringo wrote (and every Shiina Ringo fan hasn't mentioned whatsoever elsewhere) in full.

Would like to hear Ringo sing it, maybe then I will be able to determine what Ringo's contribution actually was (maybe telling Saito Neko to orchestrate it?), sounds so damn generic that anyone coulda churned it out.

Still, in the favour of Ringo's bank account, it's sold better than Shijou no Jinsei. Easy money.

For those that haven't heard it, here's a dodgy youtube video:
Shitty SMAP song

And to think that the other SMAP song she wrote kinda sorta at least sounded like it came from her...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.03.02 at 07:45 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.02, 11:57 PM   #223
Pretsy

Pretsy is headed in the right direction

^I thought the new SMAP song was as Ringo-y as Manatsu no Datsugokusha (previous SMAP effort)? At least those instrumental breaks + ending ooze some serious SOIL&PIMP-y vibes (I can already see her and the band rearranging this in the near future...)
Pretsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.03, 03:06 PM   #224
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I never thought Japanese male idols so gross until I looked at that SMAP video and see the same sex making those hand gestures and dance like a bunch of happy buddies and acting cute. Granted I was disgusted by Arashi's music videos before, but this is seriously some sissy shit.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.03, 04:46 PM   #225
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
I never thought Japanese male idols so gross until I looked at that SMAP video and see the same sex making those hand gestures and dance like a bunch of happy buddies and acting cute. Granted I was disgusted by Arashi's music videos before, but this is seriously some sissy shit.
As much as I find SMAP gross too (fake tan is always gross), I'd probably be more selective with your choice of words, this is verging on homophobic.

I'm personally not offended but I'm sure there will be people on here and outsiders who read it that are

Anyway, I really hate being a moral policeman, so I'll leave it at that.
Old 2015.03.03, 05:08 PM   #226
Inseu

I don't think it's homophobic, just saying male idol music targeting teenage girls is very repulsive to an average male music fan like me. Similarly, the loud male cricket might attract more female crickets, but at the same time draws other male crickets to fight him.
Old 2015.03.03, 05:51 PM   #227
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

So you probably aren't a big Piss Kids fan either...

愛がたりない
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.03, 05:59 PM   #228
Inseu

I like it when the music is good and they don't overdo it, like the Little Tigers (yeah I know they copied Shonentai)

小虎隊 - 星星的約會
Old 2015.03.04, 12:21 AM   #229
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Omg I LOVED the little tigers as a kid. Esp that Red Dragonfly song. #justsaying

Last edited by gekokujyo : 2015.03.04 at 12:38 AM.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.04, 05:47 AM   #230
deadgrandma

Nothing terribly interesting, but:
Ringo singles

So now they've made a version with both PVs together.

Sigh, such indifference I feel towards this release. I can't say I hate either song, but yeah, they are what they are. The ending of the second song just sounds like Jihen are still around with its doo wops.

If I were to give the single an overall score... hmm, maybe a 6/10? Mild brief joy from the Aside only to get bored by it before the physical release came out and a bside that didn't make me blink twice. A 6 sounds about right.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.03.04 at 05:57 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote