Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.01.01, 04:27 PM   #161
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Paranoia Agent! Great anime.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.02, 01:33 AM   #162
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

2nded
O_O

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.02, 12:12 PM   #163
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

For me, some of the best anime I´ve ever seen are...

-Shin Seiki Evangelion
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-The Ideon
-Cowboy Bebop
-Monster
-Shoujo Kakumei Utena
-BECK Mongolian Chop Squad
-FLCL
-Gunbuster

I also like Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Hajime no Ippo, Fullmetal Alchemist (but I hope the new anime would be better)... So many more, but I don´t consider them as good as the first ones mentioned...

MyLastFM
MortAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.02, 12:25 PM   #164
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Best anime ever for me is Macross Plus! then after that from the top of my head and in no real order are...

Lament of the Lamb, Rahxephon, Serial Experiments Lain, Windy Tales, FLCL, Koi Kaze, Noein, Haibane Renmei, Fruits Basket, Honey & Clover (big up to tha H & C haterz) His and Her Circumstances, Gasaraki, Cowboy Bebop, Stand Alone Complex, Read or Die, Last Exile, Noir, Bartender, Gundam Wing, Azumanga Daioh, Paranoia Agent, Martian Successor Nadesico, Today in Class 5-2, Evangelion, Gankutsuou, Boogiepop Phantom, I could go on and on forever with this list as I've seen so much stuff but this is good for now I think?

Having to go against the popular titles I just can't get any enjoyment whatsoever from the Full Metal Alchemist series or Dragonball or Naruto and it's like, it just leaves me bored which is unfortunate as everyone else seems to love it?

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.01.02 at 12:33 PM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.02, 12:54 PM   #165
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Having to go against the popular titles I just can't get any enjoyment whatsoever from the Full Metal Alchemist series or Dragonball or Naruto and it's like, it just leaves me bored which is unfortunate as everyone else seems to love it?
Have you really watched Full Metal Alchemist? I had the exact same opinion before I finally decided to really watch it. It's much, MUCH deeper and better than these "long running" animes and it DOES have a consisting story with an end after 40 episodes. Which is less than Monster or Great Teacher Onizuka.
If you didn't try it, try it. It's really worth a watch. And honestly I don't remember much fighting scenes in the whole series. Not like the other you counted where the order of fighting scenes would make up the whole story.

I watched 21 episodes of Gankutsuou lately but I didn't really liked it, because Albert was such a stupid dumbass, and it almost seemed like the producers wanted the Count to be the bad one. After that I watched the 4-part-8-hour movie version with Gerard Depardieu which I liked MUCH MORE. MUCH MUCH MORE. No stupid completely unrealistic behaviour and fake 19th century setting.

And yeah, let me tell you I, yes that's me, have still not seen Cowboy Bebop

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.02, 12:59 PM   #166
bromithia

Full Metal Alchemist is awesome man! I love it. It's a bit long, but oh well. I'm usually into shorter animes, just because I don't have so much time to dedicate to watching them, and the longer ones tend to have more fillers and useless nonsense compared to the short and straight forward ones, so yeah.

Other favorites: Kaleido Star, Air, Shingetsutan Tsukihime (awesome!), Rozen Maiden, and because I love it sooo much, ♥ Honey & Clover ♥ When I say I love Honey & Clover, I really mean it to, too. D: It makes me so happy to watch. Oh, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, too.

Uhh, I can't think of any others that I really enjoyed thoroughly. Anyway, yeah, I don't like Dragonball or Naruto. I don't like Code Geass either, actually. I tried watching it and got bored by the 10th episode or so. Oh, and there's also Jigoku Shoujo. My sister and I watched it together and found it entertaining, despite how repetitive and uninteresting it really is.

Last edited by bromithia : 2009.01.02 at 01:03 PM.
Old 2009.01.02, 01:10 PM   #167
golem09

Originally Posted by bromithia View Post
Full Metal Alchemist is awesome man! I love it. It's a bit long, but oh well. I'm usually into shorter animes, just because I don't have so much time to dedicate to watching them, and the longer ones tend to have more fillers and useless nonsense compared to the short and straight forward ones, so yeah.

Other favorites: Kaleido Star, Air, Shingetsutan Tsukihime (awesome!), Rozen Maiden, and because I love it sooo much, ♥ Honey & Clover ♥ When I say I love Honey & Clover, I really mean it to, too. D: It makes me so happy to watch. Oh, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, too.

Uhh, I can't think of any others that I really enjoyed thoroughly. Anyway, yeah, I don't like Dragonball or Naruto. I don't like Code Geass either, actually. I tried watching it and got bored by the 10th episode or so. Oh, and there's also Jigoku Shoujo. My sister and I watched it together and found it entertaining, despite how repetitive and uninteresting it really is.
Watch Mushishi and Baccano!, both of you.

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.01.02, 01:14 PM   #168
bromithia

I've always wanted to watch Mushishi since my brother recommended it to me, and now I guess I have to watch it, huh? :b
Old 2009.01.02, 01:24 PM   #169
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

Well, that´s pretty much it... Fullmetal Alchemist isn´t in the same level as Dragon Ball or Naruto... But after all, the last part of the series (plus the "movie" or as I call it "long-episode-52") went in a very weird direction and after all I didn´t find the anime satisfying at all... I hope the new version that comes out this year is entirely an adaptation of the manga, which is A LOT BETTER than the anime...

I also have not so much passion for very long animes that adapt the manga just as a literal copy... Like the types of Naruto and Dragon Ball, I may like them, but they are just kind of boring because they are produced to be long and they mess up so much with the rythm that sometimes a very little part of the manga turns out to be a 20-episode-saga... And the fillers... Damn the fillers, they are more boring, and sometimes they are simply innecesary... Just the case of Naruto, which is an anime that doesn´t need filler at all because the manga is way advanced and has a lot of "oficial" material to be animated... Not like anime Bleach, which is very close to the last chapters of the manga, so a fillers is needed

But not all the long animes are bad, and not all the short animes are great... School Days, for example, only had 12 episodies, and it was one of the worst animes I have ever seen... So, in anime, you never know...

p.s.- Yeah, some people have recommended me Mushishi and Baccano... Soon I´ll take a look at them...

MyLastFM
MortAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.02, 02:48 PM   #170
golem09

Originally Posted by MortAd View Post
Well, that´s pretty much it... Fullmetal Alchemist isn´t in the same level as Dragon Ball or Naruto... But after all, the last part of the series (plus the "movie" or as I call it "long-episode-52") went in a very weird direction and after all I didn´t find the anime satisfying at all... I hope the new version that comes out this year is entirely an adaptation of the manga, which is A LOT BETTER than the anime...

I also have not so much passion for very long animes that adapt the manga just as a literal copy... Like the types of Naruto and Dragon Ball, I may like them, but they are just kind of boring because they are produced to be long and they mess up so much with the rythm that sometimes a very little part of the manga turns out to be a 20-episode-saga... And the fillers... Damn the fillers, they are more boring, and sometimes they are simply innecesary... Just the case of Naruto, which is an anime that doesn´t need filler at all because the manga is way advanced and has a lot of "oficial" material to be animated... Not like anime Bleach, which is very close to the last chapters of the manga, so a fillers is needed

But not all the long animes are bad, and not all the short animes are great... School Days, for example, only had 12 episodies, and it was one of the worst animes I have ever seen... So, in anime, you never know...

p.s.- Yeah, some people have recommended me Mushishi and Baccano... Soon I´ll take a look at them...
You should watch only one episode of Mushishi a day. More is just not good.
And you should watch Baccano! in one run, otherwise it's like taking a break midway in a rollercoaster ride.

MyAnimelist