Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2011.11.28, 05:17 AM   #1541
Tai-Jin

Tai-Jin pleased at least somebody

Skyrim anyone? I just don't really have the time to completely get into it, which is a shame because its an amazing game!
Tai-Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.28, 08:36 PM   #1542
destrega
Banned

destrega pleased at least somebody

Skyrim's cool but it's no New Vegas unfortunately. Wandering the wastes isn't the same and gets a bit stale after a while. I've just moved back onto the main quest and I'm looking to finish up as soon as I can.

I'm not gonna bother with the side stuff as I have the Dragon armor and a fairly nice set of weapons that pretty much 2-hit everybody to death.
destrega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.29, 06:06 AM   #1543
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

For me New Vegas was very boring compared to Fallout 3 and Oblivion, and Skyrim ist for me Bethesdas best game yet. The most amazing and varied world, wandering through the wasteland is nothing compared to wandering through these mountains in the nord only to reach areas of red trees or icy cliffs.
The Smithing is completely overpowered as I've heard, but I couldn't bother less since I only use it for enhancing weapons and armor once. For me the scaling works better than in any previous bethesday games and the perk system is so rewarding it doubles the fun in leveling.
All in all it creates an atmosphere for me stronger than ever. It' strong enough to make me completely ignore the fast traveling system. If I need to get to a city I WALK. Since there always something new to discover or some awesome landscapes to see or some new wanderers to meet I don't compalin.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.11.29, 09:05 AM   #1544
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I've only watched my brother play Skyrim, but it looks like the same bland combat/gameplay as the other Elder Scrolls games. The world is far more interesting than the other games though. The landscape design is amazing.
Old 2011.11.29, 10:05 AM   #1545
golem09

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I've only watched my brother play Skyrim, but it looks like the same bland combat/gameplay as the other Elder Scrolls games. The world is far more interesting than the other games though. The landscape design is amazing.
The new levelingsystem and the special abilities you can get make all the difference this time.
I played Oblivion and Fallout 3, but this is much more fun.

MyAnimelist
Old 2011.12.01, 04:19 PM   #1546
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I hated Oblivion. The leveling system was really poorly though out. Skyrim has more in common with Fallout 3's system than Oblivion which could be why I'm enjoying it so much.
It is boring to watch though! The random dragon attacks in the wilderness keep things fresh otherwise its just F3 with an Elder Scrolls skin.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.02, 12:48 AM   #1547
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
I hated Oblivion. The leveling system was really poorly though out. Skyrim has more in common with Fallout 3's system than Oblivion which could be why I'm enjoying it so much.
It is boring to watch though! The random dragon attacks in the wilderness keep things fresh otherwise its just F3 with an Elder Scrolls skin.
Skyrim's leveling system seems to me like a mixture of both fallout3's and oblivion's.

I haven't dled skyrim yet. But so many of the new features aren't that new to me. Most similar features could be found in mods for oblivion or fallout3... Bethesda just steals ideas from the modding community.

Oh and last thing to note:

NEVER buy games from Bethesda for consoles. You will miss sooooooo much from all the mods you could dl...
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.02, 06:46 AM   #1548
zombiestrip

zombiestrip pleased at least somebody

^ Ain't that pretty much a general rule of thumb anyway for most RPGs primarily developed for PC? Since ports to consoles are decent at best (or maybe I just suck at games).

Between Dragon Age: Origins for the PC and the PS3/360, I'd go PC any day.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 arrived in the mail the other day and I've been practicing with a few characters here and there. Really loving what Capcom have done with Wesker since the previous game even if his gun is a bit nerfed. Also enjoying using Nova and Rocket Raccoon.
zombiestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.02, 07:24 AM   #1549
golem09

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
But you do know that F3 was just an Elder Scrolls game with a Fallout skin, yes?

Originally Posted by W3iHong View Post
Skyrim's leveling system seems to me like a mixture of both fallout3's and oblivion's.

I haven't dled skyrim yet. But so many of the new features aren't that new to me. Most similar features could be found in mods for oblivion or fallout3... Bethesda just steals ideas from the modding community.
Bethesday did a lot of things right with Skyrim, and most of them were not stolen from the modding community. The dungeons are like 1000 times better than in Oblivion. At best they are breathtaking, at worst they are all still individually designed. Just yesterday I stumbled on to a "cave entrance" with something inside I would never have guessed. And those are only the random dungeons you explore without any story.
And the new leveling system makes everything better. A lot. And although it sounds like a "perk" system like in F3, those two have nothing in common. You could rather compare the Skyrim leveling system to Diablo 2 than to F3.
The "dual wield everything" everything aspect also has a lot of impact on the gameplay, especially dual casting for me which is awesome if you've leveled it. I wasn't abel to finish Oblivion because everything became a bother in that game and the enemy scaling was really bad.
The only real gameplay mod I need for Skyrim is one that makes dragons harder to beat, but that's it, the rest ist a lot more balanced than before if you don't decide that you have to get smithing and enchanting to 100 before anything else, which would also be kinda boring for me.
I've played Oblivion for about 50 hours, I played through F3, but Skyrim is more engaging and more fun than both of those combined.
I'm now 40 hours in Skyrim and I've seen maybe 1/4 of the map. I've been to 3 of the 9 major cities. And unlike Oblivion, the motivation just goes higher.

MyAnimelist
Old 2011.12.08, 03:20 PM   #1550
golem09

I started Arkham City today for the first time after waiting for the DX11 patch, and then found myself staring at large blue lightning bolts telling me of every single enemy attack.
I was extremely excited for this game, but after reading that you can only disable those attack warnings by playing a New Game+, I lost all motivation to play it. And I won't.
I am so disappointed

MyAnimelist