Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2011.04.17, 02:28 PM   #481
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Streets of Rage Remake! Sega are jealous and that's why they pulled it! =P
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.15, 10:05 PM   #482
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

At my nearest Fry's Electronics:
Hundreds of people arrived for the midnight release of Diablo 3.
You walk into the store, and immediately inside there's a big table piled up with strategy guides and normal copies of Diablo 3.

I showed up at 9:30am, and they still had 30 copies of the collector's edition, further back within the store.
Limited to 1 per customer, and they weren't at the front of the store. That was how this local Fry's still had some. They started with hundreds of copies, but they haven't yet had quite as many customers yet.

By the time my brothers arrived (3 hours later), those 30 remaining copies were gone.
The fact that this local Fry's ever had any collector's edition copies at all, was remarkable when auctions (for double the price) were the only way you could still get one from the internet.

I didn't know the copies would come and go quite so quickly through the store, because this place had a surplus on Wings of Liberty collector's edition for weeks. If my psychology teacher hadn't let everyone out so early (at 9), I might not have made it in time.
Old 2012.05.15, 10:57 PM   #483
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Saw my bro playing Diablo 3. Disillusioned.
Old 2012.05.22, 08:28 PM   #484
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

Yo Dead, have you played earthbound? I just played in it's entirety on my iphone via emulator for the first time over the past 3 weeks~ Pure acid trip.

The last boss' music is right up your alley, totally droned out. I loved it. When you get him to his last form, it get crazy distorted and hazy visuals to boot. I really dug the psychedelic backgrounds for the battles this time around- I thought it was really primitive before. It plays into how tripped out this game actually is.

There is this area in the game where find this hidden city and after you clear the boss there....the illusion fades, Ness' psychic ability allows him to speak with animals and a mouse informs you that you were walking around in a small restaurant storeroom with your eyes bugged out for hrs .

They make the kids (your party) eat this funky cake to make them be able to communicate with another destined party member. The screen turns into some blood,puke and pink rose color crap and melds together before going black right after you eat it.

Game is pure drugs- wish I got to play it earlier.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.22, 08:52 PM   #485
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Have you played Mother 3? It's not as trippy as Earthbound (except for one surreal sequence which also features one of the most horrifying lines I've ever read) but I prefer it to Earthbound because it has a stronger narrative. Great game.

Originally Posted by LoBFCanti View Post
There is this area in the game where find this hidden city and after you clear the boss there....the illusion fades, Ness' psychic ability allows him to speak with animals and a mouse informs you that you were walking around in a small restaurant storeroom with your eyes bugged out for hrs .
I can never laugh hard enough at that. Also, the theme of Jackie's Cafe is one of my favorites in the game:

The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.22, 11:03 PM   #486
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by LoBFCanti View Post
Yo Dead, have you played earthbound? I just played in it's entirety on my iphone via emulator for the first time over the past 3 weeks~ Pure acid trip.

The last boss' music is right up your alley, totally droned out. I loved it. When you get him to his last form, it get crazy distorted and hazy visuals to boot. I really dug the psychedelic backgrounds for the battles this time around- I thought it was really primitive before. It plays into how tripped out this game actually is.

They make the kids (your party) eat this funky cake to make them be able to communicate with another destined party member. The screen turns into some blood,puke and pink rose color crap and melds together before going black right after you eat it.

Game is pure drugs- wish I got to play it earlier.
I heard good things about this game before but never played it. Your description makes it all the more intriguing...
Old 2012.05.23, 03:49 PM   #487
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

EarthBound was great. Mother 3 was good too but I found it a little more tedious to play through despite the slightly better story and the neat beat combo system. Might even put it on par with EarthBound Zero when taking into account the limitations of the NES.

Ugh I want the sale-priced Blood Moon Akali skin on League of Legends but I'm not going to be able to grind up the 3150 IP needed to buy her for "free" before the 25th is over =/
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.31, 12:45 AM   #488
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Is it wrong that I'm already torrenting an untouched installer of Max Payne 3, so that I don't have to wait for the game to officially release on Steam before I can at least begin the 13-hour download? I want Max Payne 3 to be ready-for-install when I get home in the afternoon, or when Steam unlocks the game - whichever happens last, but not an additional 13 hours beyond that.
Old 2012.05.31, 02:07 AM   #489
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Playing machinarium on my galaxy nexus. Graphics are totally awesome. Though, sometimes you must use the spoilers as the clues are simply too small to see on a phone.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.06.05, 02:22 AM   #490
zombiestrip

zombiestrip pleased at least somebody

Currently playing Chrono Trigger at the moment. Goddamn it's fun.
zombiestrip is offline   Reply With Quote