Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.07.23, 01:42 PM   #21
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Its official. Fluffie hates music =( =p

Shuraba really stands out (in a very good way) in TJ's library as it sounds more unique and carefully produced due to the production (ie: the non-band effects). Shuraba rules.

HISTORICAL FUN! Back in the day EMF (then Ringo Jihen) hated Shuraba. In fact the consensus was that the album ver was better liked. However, it wasn't long after that the forum came around
Old 2009.07.23, 01:52 PM   #22
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I really wish that there was an archive of Ringo Jihen around. Like a loser, I'd be rummaging through those pre-Phase 2 threads. I expect the tone of the community was different to how it is now (Just as much hyperbole about Shiina's career though, except POSITIVE)
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.23, 02:29 PM   #23
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I really wish that there was an archive of Ringo Jihen around.
I would also like that, but even if this were possible, some of the most juicy or infamous statements some people ever made, have already been conveniently deleted.

So with our fanbase's history, a time machine would be more useful than an archive. Though if you could go back in time, I'm almost certain you'd take multiple trips back to the same Phase 0 or Phase 1 concert(s) in different seats. Little do we know, the secondhand ticket pricings were as high as they were because your own demand for multiple seats was raising the overall prices. If it weren't for your time-meddling (which you haven't done yet - but you will), the going rate for the tickets would have only been 66% as much.

Before Maou, Nebularus, kuro_neko, Jonny, Mr. Sands, a few others came along, you were the only gaijin in the concert(s), but none of the Japanese attendees believed there were multiples of you because their reaction was mentally "See? This validates my previous notion that you all look the same".
Old 2009.07.23, 03:06 PM   #24
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think, actually, I'd go back in time and kidnap MM era Shiina, then I'd go further and kidnap KSK Shiina, then kidnap Dynamite Out Shiina, then bring them all to the present to unite with Nu-Shiina (Who does have her merits) to create Tokyo Status.

Btw, why is it that whenever fluffie posts, I see Ukigumo in my mind (Or is it whenever Ukigumo posts, I see fluffie in my mind)
Old 2009.07.23, 03:29 PM   #25
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

I don't get how people like the single version better. I think the spanish guitar distracts from the rest of the song, and this is coming from someone who absolutely adores spanish guitar. Electric keyboard all the way!

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.23, 07:06 PM   #26
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I dunno if what Jihad is saying about Ringo Jihen hating Shuraba is true. I know I very much enjoyed it and I don't recall any hate. It was one of the first Ringo translations I made because I felt like it was so in demand, and people cared about the translation too. I mean feel free to go back to the old boards (which are still there) and find posts to back that up, but I just really don't remember that.

Also I still looooove the single version of Shuraba and hate the album version (so boring!!!).
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.23, 07:11 PM   #27
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

i'm not injecting my own opinion or anything, i like the song. i remember lotsa 'sky is falling' upon the release.
Old 2009.07.24, 02:46 AM   #28
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Have to go with Fluffie here, I actually like the album version more, just cuz it's got the loungey sound that I like. Single version just sounds like cheap plastic door with creaky hinges (I have no idea where I get my analogies from!) with a contrived Spanish-sounding guitar solo. Boring.

Album version has nice loungey sounds from the keyboard. I really like the keyboard outro when Izawa goes crazy with the keys...that's basically as high as phase 2 gets.

Note: There is no guitar in the album version of Shuraba. I've edited that out in my head.
Old 2009.07.24, 03:08 AM   #29
Scribble R

Shuraba ADULT was the first TJ song I got into. The funky way it started, and all.

The single version...I dunno. It's weirder than the ADULT version, which is a good thing. But I'm not sure if I'd call it better.
Old 2009.07.24, 04:30 AM   #30
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I prefer the Adult version too. Maybe because I listened to that version 90% more than the single version. I can happily listen to both though.