Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.05.20, 09:16 AM   #91
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Normally I'd laugh at the thought of Melo going anywhere, but after this year's trades, I think every single GM has lost his mind. Nothing would surprise me anymore. Well, the Cavs actually making a good deal would surprise me.

The Cavs will have just enough cap space to sign one of the available free agents if Eric Snow retires. Ferry would have to work out some kind of deal involving Wallace and/or Szczerbiak to add anybody else, but nobody wants those horrid contracts. Wally would be easier to deal since his is expiring though.
Old 2008.05.20, 09:29 AM   #92
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Normally I'd laugh at the thought of Melo going anywhere, but after this year's trades, I think every single GM has lost his mind. Nothing would surprise me anymore. Well, the Cavs actually making a good deal would surprise me.

The Cavs will have just enough cap space to sign one of the available free agents if Eric Snow retires. Ferry would have to work out some kind of deal involving Wallace and/or Szczerbiak to add anybody else, but nobody wants those horrid contracts. Wally would be easier to deal since his is expiring though.
I wouldn't think that Denver would be wrong moving Melo. He hasn't improved, he's had more than his fair share of troubles (gang videos, DUIs, busted for Marijuana). And he criticized his team after they got swept. I think Denver is thinking about cutting losses right now.

I don't know what the Cavs can do right now, I thought that the trade was a positive move, they traded the cancer known as Larry Hughes and got a bunch of veterans in return.
I know you're pissed about getting knocked out, but they went toe to toe with Boston, and they almost pulled it off. I know it probably means less knowing that the Hawks did that too...but those kids got murdered in game 7, at least you guys put up a fight.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.20, 11:55 AM   #93
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

There's a report saying those kids (The Hawks) were served double of whatever they ordered from their hotel bar in Boston the night before game 7.

I heard about that Melo-to-Nets trade yesterday too. Frankly I dont understand why on earth Denver does it. Rebuild around a 30-something yr old AI and Eastly-overrated RJ?
Old 2008.05.20, 12:17 PM   #94
cjhobbies00

^ if that's true then they deserve it, I wouldn't be dumb enough to eat out on the Road during a game 7. I'm pretty sure they would've been poisoned at any restaurant within Boston.

This is a problem I've often contemplated on during my fantasies as an all-star point guard, on the road in the playoffs, i shut myself off in my hotel room with an electric stove and a box of instant noodles.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
Old 2008.05.20, 02:56 PM   #95
cjhobbies00

LOL, I thought it was strange when I looked at the box score after the Hornets game...

"Chris Paul had 14 assists last night. That's huge. Unless you actually look at those assists, which David Friedman did on 20 Second Timeout. He examined each and every one, and says five of them were the product of generous scorekeeping. He describes every single assist, including this one, with 4:33 left in the first quarter: "West received the ball from Paul at the right free throw line extended at the 4:40 mark. West pump faked Oberto off of his feet, took four dribbles, made a spin move into the paint, came to a jump stop, did an up and under move and then shot a jump hook. Seven seconds, four dribbles and multiple fakes happened between Paul's pass and West's shot! If Paul deserves an assist, then I think that West's point guard at Xavier should get one, too -- he had about as much to do with West making this shot as Paul did."

Old 2008.05.20, 03:59 PM   #96
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Choobies must go to the same basketball sites I do

Im pumped for the draft lottery! Are you?
Old 2008.05.20, 04:03 PM   #97
cjhobbies00

watching it right now, go Nets! Hope the Knicks somehow end up with pick 15...they don't deserve to win anything after the year they had...

Miami don't deserve anything either, freaking joke of a team was put on the floor for the final 3 months. I could've played point for that dreck.

Edit- come to think of it, the Nets gave up in every game I watched this season...sigh, so hard to root for a team these days...

EDIT2 - MY GOD, get on with it already, damn thing more drawn out than American Idol

Last edited by cjhobbies00 : 2008.05.20 at 04:19 PM.
Old 2008.05.20, 04:24 PM   #98
Tokyo Jihad

hah hah Wilbon is dancing!
Old 2008.05.20, 04:28 PM   #99
cjhobbies00

still trying to wrap my head around how Chi ended up with #1 even though they had 1.7 chance. Probably a clause from a previous trade...

Old 2008.05.20, 04:36 PM   #100
cjhobbies00

LOL, I think they were playing a version of a Crystal Castles song during BOS' opening introduction