Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2007.08.25, 07:53 AM   #1001
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I'm listening to a lot of stuff that came from Lena-chan's country, though they were made maybe 10-20 years before she was born. Maybe I should pick up portuguese again.
so you're listening the best from my country, cause there isn't anything worth to listen in the last years >_<
I hope someday the brazilian musical scene turn to be as good as the old times ó.ò

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.25, 08:00 AM   #1002
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
Old 2007.08.25, 08:01 AM   #1003
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
so you're listening the best from my country, cause there isn't anything worth to listen in the last years >_<
I hope someday the brazilian musical scene turn to be as good as the old times ó.ò
Is it like a musical dark age everywhere or something?

(dont reply, Hedo)

...Sweden, can only pump out so much.
Old 2007.08.25, 08:47 AM   #1004
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

So there's really none? Most, brazilian CDs I see are re-releases or compilations of old material. There hardly seem to be any mention of any young new music group from brazil. I don't believe brazilians can listen to Garota de Ipanema, Mas Que Nada, Desafinado etc...(you guys really have a large repertoire of classic songs) forever. Then again, it's really cool when you watch youtube live perfomances and hear the whole audience (young and old) singing along.

Listening to: Orlandivo - Tamanco no Samba

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Piracy probably has got something to do with this. Record execs are possibly putting too much effort on curbing piracy and too little on the actual quality of the music itself. On the flipside, piracy (and the falling prices of instruments and recording equipment) also gives individuals access to audio editing software so people now can easily experiment, record and mix their own music. Aren't we supposed to be getting some kind of renaissance from this?
Old 2007.08.25, 11:13 AM   #1005
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

On the flipside, piracy (and the falling prices of instruments and recording equipment) also gives individuals access to audio editing software so people now can easily experiment, record and mix their own music. Aren't we supposed to be getting some kind of renaissance from this?
Well we got Psapp, don't we?

Psapp - Hi

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.25, 03:05 PM   #1006
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post

(dont reply, Hedo)

...Sweden, can only pump out so much.
It seems you said that just to start an argument with someone but then you tell ME not to reply, wtf?

Piracy probably has got something to do with this. Record execs are possibly putting too much effort on curbing piracy and too little on the actual quality of the music itself. On the flipside, piracy (and the falling prices of instruments and recording equipment) also gives individuals access to audio editing software so people now can easily experiment, record and mix their own music. Aren't we supposed to be getting some kind of renaissance from this?
I don't know if its that the record companies are spending a lot of money to deal with piracy, but I think its more that they are less willing to take risks because they can lose a lot more money with piracy being so big.

But as for the easily accessible tools, I think its a double-edged sword. It makes it easier to make music now, but that makes younger people rush into it. Seeing punk bands and other garage groups whose music does take as much effort to make hurts the music industry because younger people just want to play their music and not learn the basics and the history of music. So the quality of the music goes down and the best we can get is a catchy song every once in a while, if its even bearable. The same thing is happening in art, although its not as bad. Photoshop and other programs on the computer have made it easier to mimic traditional tools and just make newer art so people rush into the programs without having full command of drawing, or as good as they should have it, and you see a lot of mediocre art online. Fortunately, though, there are just as many people who know how to draw, etc., and can really take advantage of the new tools offered by the pc.

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
This song is awesome! In guitar hero anyway, , I have not heard the original.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.26, 06:15 AM   #1007
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

So there's really none? Most, brazilian CDs I see are re-releases or compilations of old material. There hardly seem to be any mention of any young new music group from brazil. I don't believe brazilians can listen to Garota de Ipanema, Mas Que Nada, Desafinado etc...(you guys really have a large repertoire of classic songs) forever. Then again, it's really cool when you watch youtube live perfomances and hear the whole audience (young and old) singing along.
the big majority of brazilians listen to shit
like Musica Sertaneja (really bad country-like music with depressed or perverted lyrics) http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BAsica_sertaneja
Pagode (really bad simple samba-like music with perverted and cynic lyrics, but it was a good genre until the end of 90 decade) http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagode_%28m%C3%BAsica%29
Funk carioca, well... think in the worst music with the worst-dirty-disgusting-perverted lyrics ¬¬ and the parties that have funk(carioca) are group-sex-like... very worth of vomit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funk_Carioca

and for the young people, there are always the emo/punk, the metallers/gothics, the hip-hop/rapers and the dance-music/mainstream-american-pop-music lovers
those that listen to classic stuff are really very few people (generally people with more than 40 years and a good education/money)
to have an idea, there are more persons that listen to mainstream japanese music/animesongs than persons that listen to old brazilian classics in Brazil T_T
IMO because of bad musical scene the young people doesn't research about old stuff and are disapointed with brazilian music in a way that makes they even doesn't want to hear about it
for example, my bf likes metal, medieval-like-music, classical, 50/60 pop stuff(like SR XD), jazz and animesong. And when I try to take him into the classic brazilian stuff at 1st he is like "BLARRRRGH brazilian music!!!!! X_x" and after "o.O hmmm sounds interesting... mm relaxing"
I think there are good new brazilian stuff... but I don't know where, cause they aren't popular. if you want to find you need to search (unhapply I don't have time to do anything at the moment, so I feel guilty saying that "THERE AREN'T ANY!!!!" >_<)

I pointed potuguese articles on wikipedia cause they are more complete, the english one that I pointed is (don't know why)more complete that the portuguese one. And I join emo with punk, metal with gothic, and etc cause the people who heard the 2 genres that I join are only one group of peoples.

渾て獨りぼっちだから

Last edited by Lena-chan : 2007.08.26 at 06:18 AM.
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.26, 06:52 AM   #1008
HEDOfloe

like Musica Sertaneja (really bad country-like music with depressed or perverted lyrics) http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BAsica_sertaneja
Pagode (really bad simple samba-like music with perverted and cynic lyrics, but it was a good genre until the end of 90 decade) http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagode_%28m%C3%BAsica%29
Funk carioca, well... think in the worst music with the worst-dirty-disgusting-perverted lyrics ¬¬ and the parties that have funk(carioca) are group-sex-like... very worth of vomit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funk_Carioca

and for the young people, there are always the emo/punk, the metallers/gothics, the hip-hop/rapers and the dance-music/mainstream-american-pop-music lovers
those that listen to classic stuff are really very few people (generally people with more than 40 years and a good education/money)
to have an idea, there are more persons that listen to mainstream japanese music/animesongs than persons that listen to old brazilian classics in Brazil T_T
IMO because of bad musical scene the young people doesn't research about old stuff and are disapointed with brazilian music in a way that makes they even doesn't want to hear about it
for example, my bf likes metal, medieval-like-music, classical, 50/60 pop stuff(like SR XD), jazz and animesong. And when I try to take him into the classic brazilian stuff at 1st he is like "BLARRRRGH brazilian music!!!!! X_x" and after "o.O hmmm sounds interesting... mm relaxing"
I think there are good new brazilian stuff... but I don't know where, cause they aren't popular. if you want to find you need to search (unhapply I don't have time to do anything at the moment, so I feel guilty saying that "THERE AREN'T ANY!!!!" >_<)

I pointed potuguese articles on wikipedia cause they are more complete, the english one that I pointed is (don't know why)more complete that the portuguese one. And I join emo with punk, metal with gothic, and etc cause the people who heard the 2 genres that I join are only one group of peoples.
Wow, that must suck. At least Tokyo Jihen makes you happy
Old 2007.08.26, 07:59 AM   #1009
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Did I mention how much I love you Lena-chan?

Listening to: capsule - ウタカワフライテー (feat. Copter 4016882)

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.08.26 at 08:03 AM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.26, 10:11 AM   #1010
HEDOfloe

The Strokes - Juicebox