Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Tokyo Jihen Single???
Gunjou Biyori 5 9.80%
Sounan 26 50.98%
Shuraba 15 29.41%
OSCA 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.07.29, 01:07 PM   #51
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Unlikely. Here's Coba http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/coba/english/index.html
If i'm not wrong he played accordion on Ringo no Uta.
hey, is this that Jimi Hendrix accordion player on 愛妻家の朝食?
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.29, 08:31 PM   #52
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I dunno.
Old 2007.07.30, 02:10 PM   #53
Appeltje

Appeltje pleased at least somebody

wow, I'm really susprised that Gunjoubiyori is the least popular! For me, this song is really her best song since she started Tokyo Jihen. When I listened to Kyoiku for the first time, Gunjoubiyori really stood out together with Sounan. But the power of Gunjoubiyori really won me over, together with the title
Appeltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.07.30, 02:15 PM   #54
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

It's because we're not only rating the main songs themselves, we're rating each single's CD overall. Each CD has the main song, then extra tracks known as "B-Sides", though nowhere near enough to be a complete album. We're judging each single's CD in their entirety, rather than only comparing A-Sides (the main songs listed here).

Gunjou Biyori was pretty big for me, upon first hearing it within the album, but we're not doing 1 track versus 1 track comparisons here - we're doing 3 versus 3 (1 A-Side and 2 B-Sides), and that's why Shuraba is ranking fairly high.
Old 2007.07.30, 02:28 PM   #55
Appeltje

Appeltje pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
It's because we're not only rating the main songs themselves, we're rating each single's CD overall. Each CD has the main song, then extra tracks known as "B-Sides", though nowhere near enough to be a complete album. We're judging each single's CD in their entirety, rather than only comparing A-Sides (the main songs listed here).

Gunjou Biyori was pretty big for me, upon first hearing it within the album, but we're not doing 1 track versus 1 track comparisons here - we're doing 3 versus 3 (1 A-Side and 2 B-Sides), and that's why Shuraba is ranking fairly high.
Whoops, I was a bit too fast there
In that case I wouldn't know, I only buy albums really. Thanks for the clarification though
Appeltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.17, 09:29 PM   #56
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Although "Koi wa Maboroshi" is my favorite single cover, Sounan is definitely my favorite single because of "Kokoro" (and "Sounan.")

Sounan > Shuraba > OSCA=Killer Tune > Gunjou Biyori

"Gunjou Biyori" is also one of my least favorite TJ tracks. But I find that it's not as bad as I think every so often I hear it. I don't think I could listen to it often, though. Anyway, would anyone change their vote to Killer Tune now?

Which single cover is everyone's favorite?? >_<;; I love the Kyoiku covers, but I think I'll have to choose Shuraba's. *_* And did anyone make the assumption yet that OSCA's cover features Ukigumo's hand/wrist and Killer Tune's features Izawa's hand/wrist? (Or maybe it's so blatantly obvious no one felt need to mention it. @_@;

Originally Posted by newyorkjihen View Post
Maybe not my favorite, but I love "Genjitsu wo Warau".

"Maybe I will kiss you slowly... maybe quickly... maybe na...T na...T"

It's like she's stressing the differences btwn English & Japanese, by not pronouncing it as "na...Tou"
o_.o I think you posted in the wrong topic, NYJ!
Old 2007.10.18, 06:18 AM   #57
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
Although "Koi wa Maboroshi" is my favorite single cover, Sounan is definitely my favorite single because of "Kokoro" (and "Sounan.")

Sounan > Shuraba > OSCA=Killer Tune > Gunjou Biyori

"Gunjou Biyori" is also one of my least favorite TJ tracks. But I find that it's not as bad as I think every so often I hear it. I don't think I could listen to it often, though. Anyway, would anyone change their vote to Killer Tune now?

Which single cover is everyone's favorite?? >_<;; I love the Kyoiku covers, but I think I'll have to choose Shuraba's. *_* And did anyone make the assumption yet that OSCA's cover features Ukigumo's hand/wrist and Killer Tune's features Izawa's hand/wrist? (Or maybe it's so blatantly obvious no one felt need to mention it. @_@;

o_.o I think you posted in the wrong topic, NYJ!
Actually, Killer Tune is one of my favorite songs by them, but the whole single is not my favorite even now. I would, though, put OSCA as my favorite single now. I really love Kaban no Nakami and Pinocchio moreso than koi wa maboroshi and rakujitsu.

As for my favorite cover, it is a tie between Koi wa Maboroshi and DYNAMITE .
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.18, 10:54 AM   #58
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Oh dang it, I meant cover as in album jacket. ;;
Old 2007.10.18, 01:22 PM   #59
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

WELL, in that case, , I'd say Shuraba is my favorite.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.18, 05:16 PM   #60
Cinders

Cinders is headed in the right direction

Gunjou Biyori, it's a great song. Also I absolutely love The Lady is a Tramp. Also Kao is pretty decent too, which is surprising cuz I usually hate at least 1 song on each single cd. Not this one though.
Cinders is offline   Reply With Quote