Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.05.17, 07:30 AM   #61
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
You can see Xenosaga III's potential in the cutscene, most of them are real time. Two or three times you have a fps drop in such a cutscene, but it's really rare. The rest looks amazing though, they pushed the engine so far...
X3 even has some sort oft bloom/hdr effect in real time, never seen this on any other PS2 game
Asides from that effect, would you still say that the graphics are better in X3 than in FFXII? FFXII has so many things going on all the time, so many npcs and it still looks amazing. I find it hard to believe they fit all that information on one disc.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.17, 07:43 AM   #62
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

"Howm I supposed to do a computer video game on the tv without good graphics!?"
Old 2007.05.17, 08:06 AM   #63
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
Sephiroth is still the one and only. Tetsuya Nomura is a genius.
Nomura sucks donkey balls. His belt fetish is the dumbest thing on the planet.

Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Sephiroth was fail. He wasn't even the real villian! God damn, Jenova is so ignored.
How did sephiroth fail? He is the majority's favorite villain, ever since him people have started having bosses with silver hair, he's become an icon, and I'm pretty sure that the last thing you fight in FFVII is Sephiroth.
He failed because, like Jer said, he wasn't really the villain. He was under control of Jenova during the entire game. Even then he didn't do anything all that villainous other than killing a flower girl. Saying he's great because a lot of people like him is the weakest point you could make. Kefka is the best villain in the FF series because he is absolutely insane and evil. None compare.
Old 2007.05.17, 09:45 AM   #64
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Though he doesn't have an awesome laugh like Kefka, I'd still go with Kuja. I found his character much more interesting. Probably his only turn-off was his whole gender confusion issue. On second thought, that's probably a pretty big reason why I shouldn't like him too much.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.17, 10:09 AM   #65
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Under control of Jenova? Sephiroth was super-human due to the Jenova project, and when he found out his origin as an experiment it made him crazy which is why he destroyed Nibelheim and went on a rampage. Though his actions were a consequence of the Jenova project, he was still himself - the main protagonist to the story and it was the knowledge of the Cetra he gained from Jenova which led him to do what he did.

Even then he didn't do anything all that villainous other than killing a flower girl
What, you mean apart from wanting to absorb all of the planets energy in order to become a god?

How is he NOT the main villain? Just because his power came from Jenova, and his plan born from Jenova's knowledge does not make Jenova better, or more of a Villain. It was Sephiroth who carried out the evil acts, and Sephiroth who is the final boss. He looks kick ass, has kick ass music, is extremely powerful, has a gigantic sword and wants to be a god. That is why he is my favourite villain and why EGM voted him the #1 boss of all time and why he won the GameFAQ poll for best villain.

*Leaves Sephiroth fanboy mode*
Old 2007.05.17, 10:21 AM   #66
Maou

Maybe it's just me, but I recall a big part of the story was that most of Sephiroth's actions were Jenova acting through Sephiroth. Of course, he still isn't the best villain even if he was in full control. Kefka didn't just want to be a god, he was a god.
Old 2007.05.17, 10:26 AM   #67
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Under control of Jenova? Sephiroth was super-human due to the Jenova project, and when he found out his origin as an experiment it made him crazy which is why he destroyed Nibelheim and went on a rampage. Though his actions were a consequence of the Jenova project, he was still himself - the main protagonist to the story and it was the knowledge of the Cetra he gained from Jenova which led him to do what he did.
Well, if I remember correctly,
Originally Posted by Spoiler
Sephiroth is dead and the "thing" running around like Sephiroth is nothing else but Jenova.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.17, 10:55 AM   #68
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Sephiroth never technically died. Cloud stabbed him, then pushed him into the lifestream with Jenova's head where he learnt the truth about Jenova. He absorbs Jenovas head which is where he learns about the Centra and hatches his plot to absorb all of the planets energy. Without the power of Jenova, he wouldn't be physically capably of such a thing and maybe the fact that he absorbs Jenova's head made you think that Jenova was in control, but it/she wasn't. Sephiroth did so purely for the knowledge and power and technically he was the one in control of Jenova as he re-materialised using Jenova's body, now taken over by Sephiroths will in the lifestream and he re-moulded Jenova in his image, using the body as a puppet in order to go and find the other people from the experiment, the 'Sephiroth clones'. God this makes me want to go re-play FFVII! <--- Highlight for Final Fantasy VII Spoilers
Old 2007.05.17, 11:34 AM   #69
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Nomura sucks donkey balls. His belt fetish is the dumbest thing on the planet.
He's obviously doing something right if people can't get enough of his designs and he is working on half or more than half of squares current games. This is just like the ADULT thing, just because you dont like it doesnt mean it sucks. The only reason there has been so many FFVII spinoffs is because people love his designs and KH has been a top seller so I don't know how he sucks.
Plus, that boss you mentioned only had white hair because they started ripping off sephiroth so hate nomura all you want but he's a trendsetter.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2007.05.17 at 11:47 AM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.17, 12:21 PM   #70
Maou

Plus, that boss you mentioned only had white hair because they started ripping off sephiroth so hate nomura all you want but he's a trendsetter.
Why do you like to argue things that can't be argued? When I say something sucks, it's clearly my opinion because it's my post and you can debate that. However, it's a fact that Ghaleon came before Sephiroth. It's a fact that Ghaleon (Lunar: The Silver Star) was created five years before Sephiroth (FFVII).

Nomura's designs consistently get worse. Parasite Eve was his peak. I hate his terribly effeminate men/Gackt wannabes along with his excessive use of belts.