Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.07.29, 05:58 AM   #81
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
Speculations:
Why would Jack get so upset if Michael's in that casket?
Because Jack's desperate to get back to the island, and that would be the loss of one of the only other people that could help him get back.

It makes sense for it to be Michael. It's in a predominantly black community, it said in the article the deceased had a teenage son (Walt) and Jack called him neither friend nor family. Michael is also the only other person that we know of from New York aside from Rose. And it's not likely going to be Rose.
Old 2007.07.29, 08:01 AM   #82
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

hmm.. good point. so that would mean michael actually made it back to civilization from the island, and then came back?And on another note, is there any mention anywhere that Jack's father's not dead? He was mentioned quite a few times by Jack in the flash forward as if he's alive?
Old 2007.07.29, 08:20 AM   #83
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Well, I think we were to assume that Michael made it back to civilisation, but now that he's returning as a regular next season I doubt he has done. I assume he was picked up by the boat arriving on the island which will bring him back.

As for Jack's dad, evidence for him being alive is quite vague. It's a possibility I suppose, but there is a lot of evidence for it not being him too. He wasn't in the coffin on the island and Jack mentions him in the flashforward, but he was off his face on drugs and alcohol so he could have been blubbering crap. Plus Jack had to identify his dad's body in Australia and why would Kate look so shocked that Jack would even think about asking her to his funeral (In the flashforward). If it were Michael, it makes sense that she wouldn't want to go because he killed two of her 'friends' (Libby and Ana Lucia).
Old 2007.08.02, 04:01 PM   #84
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

yeaaaahhhhh that LOST panel at Comic-Con was fucking badassss!! I missed the first 15 minutes cause the room literally filled up and we (my sister & I) had to wait for people to leave until we could go in. But then we were FINALLY in and it was so great.

Damon & Carlton rocked (so did Harold Perrineau, when he came in). And someone asked about Ezrah James Sharkington--BUT NO ONE IN THE ROOM GOT IT!! wtf people! If you don't listen to the podcasts, why did you come to the D&C-only panel?!

My only regret is that I didn't know about the signing immediately afterwards, or I so would have gone. *sigh*

I can't waiitttt until Season 4, but I can't believe we have to wait until February for new episodes AND new podcasts!

The panel should be coming out as a podcast soon-ish, though--yay!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.06, 07:56 AM   #85
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I'm still not interested in the podcast, the orientation films, or spoilers from season 4.
I want to know things, when they happen on the screen before me, and not 6 months proir.
I read, that it's already known, what the meaning of the numbers is. I don't want to know until I see it as a part of the story in an episode. And if they never reveal it in the show, then I will wait until its over, and THEN I will watch the internet stuff.
I'm extreme anti-spoiler

Episode 20 talk from the random thread:
I was more impressed to see Richard in Ben's childhood and that he didn't aged at all, than seeing Jacob doing some poltergeist-stuff

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.06, 08:00 AM   #86
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Hahahaha, that's an awesome sig, golem.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.06, 08:34 AM   #87
Inaudible-Whisper

The podcasts only clarify on past episodes, and offer an insight into the forthcoming episode. You can listen to any podcast aside from the one before the finale and you won't hear anything spoiling anything you hadn't already learnt in previous episodes. Literally, the kinda detail they go into is "Question from David in England. Will we be seeing more of Locke in the next episode? I'd say it's fairly likely Locke will be in the episode". That isn't the kind of thing I really care about. It makes me think "Cool" cos I like Locke. But if I hadn't heard that, I wouldn't be ecstatic if Locke showed up thinking "Thank god I didn't listen to that podcast". Even still, the majority of the podcast is talking about random things, general filming, and clarification on past episodes.

I am completely anti-spoiler when it comes to things we aren't intended to know. The whole of Season 3's finale was leaked and I stayed well away. Any tiny hints the writers want to be vague about in a podcast, or via the Lost experience (Which isn't even canon, as far as I know) I'll accept with open arms. They keep me excited through the drought, and if the writers think it's something we can be told, then I'm happy to hear it. Rumours, and spoilers from outside sources I usually don't read.

Give one of the podcasts a listen so you know what they're like. Anything but the last one or two won't mention anything you haven't seen.

Last edited by Inaudible-Whisper : 2007.08.06 at 08:04 PM.
Inaudible-Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.06, 08:01 PM   #88
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Annnd the podcasts are hilarious and amazing. but we've covered that!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.07, 12:06 PM   #89
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

WTF?!?!?!?!
I just watched Episode 22, and it ended with:
Locke lying with the skeletons finding a weapon, and then meeting Walt

There was no shocking ending at all!
After that I read something totally different in an episode guide, so what the hell is happening here?
How long was episode 22? Wikipedia says 2 hours, but I don't know if it was just episode 22, or if they aired 21+22 together. There is definitely something missing. Maybe a german recut?
WHA! I WANT THE SHOCKING ENDING!

EDIT: Oh no... looks like they cut it....
IN THREE PARTS!!!!
NO! TWO MORE WEEKS!
Damn, why can't we have the final in on 2 hours episode?

MyAnimelist

Last edited by golem09 : 2007.08.07 at 12:16 PM.
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.07, 12:42 PM   #90
Inaudible-Whisper

The finale was one episode. It was the length of 2 episodes, but it was played as one, and I believe it's classed as one. I have no idea why they'd cut it in Germany. Surely it would have been better to just show you Charlie's episode, then play the finale in full. So does that mean you've spoilt the last scene? That sucks...