Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2012.02.29, 08:11 AM   #961
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Set-list again. Thanks Scribble R!

Corrected this list abit... Any more correction, please do tell. Added some additional details too.

1. Ikiru (orchestra)
2. Atarashii Bunmei Kaika (orchestra)
3. Konya wa Karasawagi
4. OSCA
5. FOUL
6. Season Sayanora (with Saito Neko violin)
7. Carnation(Instru. Ver) Costume change 2
8. Kaitei ni Sukuu Otoko (Saito Neko?)
9. Kai Horror Dust (Izawa vox, Ringo keys)
10. Honto no Tokoro (Hata vox, Ringo drums)
11. Sa_i_ta
12. Noudoteki Sanpunkan
13. Shuraba
14. Zettai Zetsumei (orchestra and Ringo doing para para)
15. Song of Ice Cream Costume change 3
16. Oishii Kisetsu (orchestra)
17. Onna Noko wa dare demo (orchestra)
18. Omatsuri Sawagi (orchestra)
19. Tengoku e Youkoso (orchestra) Costume change 4
20. Time Capsule
21. Radio Communications
22. Senkou Shoujo
23. Kachi Ikusa
24. Killer Tune (orchestra)
25. Sora ga Natteiru (orchestra)

Costume change 5

EN1
26. Manouchi Sadistics
27. Gunjou Biyori
28. 青春の瞬き (one of the other Chiaki Kuriyama songs. orchestra)

EN2
29. Toumei Ningen

Credits
Denpan tsuushin OR Handsome suigetei (Can't confirm, memory is bad)

Last edited by W3iHong : 2012.02.29 at 09:15 PM.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 08:12 AM   #962
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I agree about Tegami, it could've been a great closer to the show. they should've also tried doing Blackout with the ringo Expo arrangement
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 08:53 AM   #963
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

^ Most of the set list is correct, except they missed out Marusadi as the first encore song. They definitely did Kaitei, it was the first song with the pink afro, and the pretend-back up singers ala dream girls. They played the Carnation instrumental for the videos introducing the individual members

Oh, they had access to rising/descending platforms on the stage this time, and used it quite a bit.

Her outfits, if you're interested in that sort of thing, in this order:

1. Weird flower-embellished dress (looked a bit like couture; wouldnt be surprised if it actually was)

2. Short, sequinned dress + giant pink afro which she couldn't stop playing with; I REALLY dug the afro

3. Flouncy red dress with bustier (guys were in sharp red suits), and hat; flouncy skirt was removed at some point of time to reveal a shorter skirt

4. Blue blouse + pencil skirt, reminiscent of a stewardess's outfit

5. For encore, she wore a blouse and blue high waisted pants complete with stewardess's hat.

Worth noting that members of the orchestra wore the old fashioned sailor-style high school uniforms.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 01:46 PM   #964
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

This is all great to hear. This is a taste of what the community would be like if Ringo performed outside of Japan on occasion...immediacy!
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 02:48 PM   #965
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Wow, with some of the instrumentation it sounds like this was the Jihen version of EXPO 08. Really a shame they didn't do Blackout.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 03:05 PM   #966
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Would be real nice to hear Seishun no Matataki without the ridiculous (and for some reason, seems like it was on purpose) autotune on Chiaki's version.

And I'm trying to imagine the orchestrated Atarashii/Oishii too...

Also, did Time Capsule live up to the atmosphere it had on Color Bars?
Old 2012.02.29, 04:19 PM   #967
rainmountain

rainmountain pleased at least somebody

Did i rem wrongly or was it Handsome Sugite played during credits?

I love the performance of Time Capsule, my favorite part of the concert. Right after Tengoku, the concert was replayed in fast-mo rewind mode on the video wall, with some words in Japanese by the side. It felt like time traveling backwards, then with some laser lights and digital sound effects, transits to music intro of Time Capsule.
rainmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 04:56 PM   #968
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I am so disappointed with all of this.
See, Ringo has always differentiated herself from other Japanese singers by NOT having her concerts be a giant circus with a million distractions from the music itself. Ringo's concerts have always been about, first and foremost, the MUSIC. Yes, even GX with the Heart Monitor, and even JCHI (considering all the bullshit was only added in post-production). But this? TONS of costumer changes, pointless visual effects, light shows, video clips. What about the MUSIC!?
Why can't we just have a concert where Ringo plays music and doesn't bother with all the distracting bullshit? She's not fucking Ayumi Hamasaki. Even Utada knows to have one short video clip in the beginning and then the rest of the concert is about MUSIC.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 05:00 PM   #969
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
I am so disappointed with all of this.
See, Ringo has always differentiated herself from other Japanese singers by NOT having her concerts be a giant circus with a million distractions from the music itself. Ringo's concerts have always been about, first and foremost, the MUSIC. Yes, even GX with the Heart Monitor, and even JCHI (considering all the bullshit was only added in post-production). But this? TONS of costumer changes, pointless visual effects, light shows, video clips. What about the MUSIC!?
Why can't we just have a concert where Ringo plays music and doesn't bother with all the distracting bullshit? She's not fucking Ayumi Hamasaki. Even Utada knows to have one short video clip in the beginning and then the rest of the concert is about MUSIC.
You'd be saying the opposite if they didn't do this/go all out/you paid 8888 YEN to go for the FINAL SHOW...

Not to mention the likes of stuff that came before, Ringo Expo comes to mind. Electric Mole too.

And it's not like Tool or anything, where you can only see their shadows for the whole set. We are dealing with a POP band here.

And seriously, have you ever watched a Utada Hikaru DVD, they're FUCKING BORING. Cept maybe United.

Now I don't mean to sound heaps rude, but I mean, seems like a pretty strange/random thing to complain about for a finale show/after all the stuff people criticize about TJ anyway. I guess if it was back in the day before TJ had fully developed into the hyper-pop band they are (if there ever was a time when they weren't), you could maybe have a go at the corresponding hyper-pop sensibilities/over-the-top production values of their live sets. But I dunno, it's not really anything out of the ordinary/weird/not about the music for a band of that popularity. It just adds a bit more excitement/pizazz to their set, and seriously, do you really think the material is strong enough to warrant a farewell set without the light show to go with it? Even I, ultimate Ringo-stan, know that.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.02.29 at 05:39 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.02.29, 05:20 PM   #970
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by rainmountain View Post
Did i rem wrongly or was it Handsome Sugite played during credits?
I think it was denpan tsuushin. My memory of the concert is failing soon...

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
1. Weird flower-embellished dress (looked a bit like couture; wouldnt be surprised if it actually was)
I think her the headdress was inspired by chinese opera. It looked something like the picture below but with many flowers(Bright blue, bright yellow and bright red), threaded pearls as a fringe. NO HANGING ORNAMENTS LIKE THE ONE BELOW. Colourful thin dreadlocks hanging on the right side

Name:  chdres3a.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  83.2 KB

Her dress is a cross between a cheongsam and a french maid dress

Name:  lace+black+1.png
Views: 5
Size:  255.1 KBName:  200107-1S.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  45.1 KB

The black lace on the cheongsam was definitely much more intricate so it looked darker. The collar was a little taller too. It was used as the base of the dress.
The shoulder frills and frilled apron inspired by the french maid dress was sewn on the dress itself. Both in very chinese-inspired flowery pattern. extremely colourful. A lot of the fabric look like in this link: http://goo.gl/y1LNC

The right collar of the dress was changed into frills. Same colourful flower patterns. It matched with the colouful thin dreadlocks(I think it is just the fabric rolled up)
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote