Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.06.06, 04:03 AM   #161
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I saw it before in a japanese fansite, but I couldn't save the image, thank you yahiko n_n

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.13, 08:40 AM   #162
Lumenni

Lumenni pleased at least somebody

I just would like to talk about Ichijiku no Hana PV again. It interests me so much !
I've always watched it as a peaceful and lovely clip, now it's just scary and creepy, but definitively more awesome.
Two things picked my curiosity. This is when she walks in London streets, she goes past two stores, and as I believe nothing is this video is left to chance...

1)A store selling clothes for babies and kids, and the "set sail for summer" can be a reference to her son who is born in summer (12th July). Furthemore, we can see Ringo in a small boat during the same video...

2)"Crime in Store" was a londonian bookseller specialized in crimes, but this is not because of the morbid aspect of this store that it picked my attention. In fact, after a quick research on Google, I've found on http://www.allbusiness.com/retail-trade/miscellaneous-retail-miscellaneous/4664864-1.html that the shop has closed on mid July (16th) in 2003. If I'm right, the PV has been made in 2003 (?) Weird coincidence... Or maybe I'm just paranoiac !
Attached Images
File Type: png Image 6.png (516.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png Image 5.png (613.7 KB, 3 views)
Lumenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.13, 08:42 AM   #163
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

It's because of Ringo's curse.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.13, 09:00 AM   #164
Lumenni

^ Hahaha "f43r m4h m0l3"
Old 2009.06.13, 12:10 PM   #165
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Lumenni View Post
I believe nothing is this video is left to chance...
The human brain is predisposed to correlate, to find patterns and connections. Hence the plethora of conspiracy theories that abound. This leads me to be a bit skeptical about things. If what you say is true, it would be quite cool.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.13, 01:20 PM   #166
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm glad we're having more analysis of Ringo's actual work on this board; particularly her composition and lyrics. But while I don't believe there is such a thing as "over-analyzing", I think it's easy to jump to conclusions about things. I think the idea that those messages were intentional is slightly far-fetched, though they may have been selected by whoever was editing it. Also note the fact a "Gap" store can be seen in the background, and I doubt it had any artistic meaning behind it. It wasn't even a "Gap for Kids" store.

But in the off-chance this was intentional, given other Ringo songs, I believe she uses seasons to denote periods in her life. "Set sail for summer" might mean preparing for her son's birth, but I think more likely it means preparing for adulthood. And thanks for doing the research on that "Crime in Store" bookstore. I never know where Ringo is in half of the random skipping-around-town videos she does. Hahaha. Maybe she was visiting her old host family then? I'd like to believe they stayed in touch long after she left.

EDIT: The real question is... who filmed it? Kameda? Rie? Utada? Ukigumo?
Entry№1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.14, 01:44 AM   #167
Lumenni

Haha. ^^
All the things I've said are just suppositions, it's just I like this video very much and that I'm having fun to observ it including the most minute details. I've found these coincidences funny and have started on the base that Ringo has hidden a lot of clues in this PV, so maybe there were others that are not discovered yet ?

But...

The "Crime in Store" closed on July 16th , her son was born on July 12th
16 - 12 = 4
4 = shi = deaaaath

RinGo
_wAnts
popPies

I knew it !!!!!!!

Last edited by Lumenni : 2009.06.14 at 02:15 AM.
Old 2009.06.14, 09:25 AM   #168
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Lumenni View Post
Haha. ^^
All the things I've said are just suppositions, it's just I like this video very much and that I'm having fun to observ it including the most minute details. I've found these coincidences funny and have started on the base that Ringo has hidden a lot of clues in this PV, so maybe there were others that are not discovered yet ?

But...

The "Crime in Store" closed on July 16th , her son was born on July 12th
16 - 12 = 4
4 = shi = deaaaath

RinGo
_wAnts
popPies

I knew it !!!!!!!
D: Shiina ...."Shi - i - na" omg, shi again...Shiina is working with Kim Jong Il. The anti-Christ has arrived in the form of a Japanese music artist :[ Poor nostrodamus never saw this one comming!
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.14, 09:32 AM   #169
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

This forum is going totally crazy because of Sanmon Gossip, I can feel it.
She said she was going to drive her fans crazy again, in her new rap song. Believe it!
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.14, 09:44 AM   #170
Lumenni

^ Lol Shinji, I love your video (I've commented it 8D)
But did you know the end of the world is in fact predicted for June 26th 2009 ?!