Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.06.27, 09:50 AM   #181
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Meh, I guess that's true. I just prefer the way the band is now. The new members contribute, but they seem happy standing behind Ringo with Kameda and Hata.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.27, 02:57 PM   #182
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't think anyone stands behind anyone else. If it seems that Ringo is getting all the attention it is because she is hawt . But seriously, she started the band so we always think of it as her band even though it is a team effort. The lead singer always gets the most attention anyway.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.28, 11:17 AM   #183
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

It's just as much Kameda's band as it is SR's. Afterall, he is making decisions on the band's direction. Besides, a lot of times the guitarists get more attention than the singer. See Sugizo, Takuro/Hisashi, Eddie Van Halen, Angus Young and Tak Matsumoto as prime examples.
Old 2007.06.28, 03:04 PM   #184
HEDOfloe

I'm not saying that other members do not get any attention but the singer is usually the face of the band wouldn't you agree? You yourself said it, there have been many guitarists who get attention but the singer usually comes first until you get more familiar with the whole band.
Old 2007.06.28, 06:04 PM   #185
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Did anyone listen to the songs I listed? I wanted to know whether you guys agreed or still think he's no good..
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.28, 08:11 PM   #186
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ The only ones I like guitar-wise are Honnou and Rakujitsu. I'm not particularly fond of any of the other stuff you mentioned. I don't think he's a bad guitarist, I just don't think he's good for this particular band.
Old 2007.06.28, 10:35 PM   #187
HEDOfloe

^Why don't you think he is good for this particular band? The style for ADULT was supposed to be laid-back and that is the kind of guy he seems to be. If they were doing music like Kyouiku then I would probably agree with you, but I don't see why he does not fit now.
Old 2007.06.29, 12:27 PM   #188
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

See, I really wouldn't say Uki is more "laid back" than any other guitarist around, (oh, i dunno, lets take for example, Hirama.)

Case in point, the infamous Adult "Toumei Ningen."I defy anyone to call the guitar track in this song "laid back." Its spazzy, its choppy, its all plucking. To me, its annoying and disorienting.

Extra points: "Shuraba" (either ver) "Himitsu" as ive said before these are his two good solos, and theyre far from relaxing. "Get it Up for love" while beimg kinda an attempt "retro" if it wasnt so hidden in the mix (under Kameda and Izawa) it would seem more energetic.

People like to say the band since phase to has been RLBM, but to sa "Uki has a relaxed style, period" it's something i dont feel is so in alot of the songs.

EDIT:

Myth: BUSTED!

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.06.29 at 02:39 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.29, 02:16 PM   #189
HEDOfloe

I guess technically he does not play "laid-back", I guess thats the wrong words, but I just mean that ADULT has a calmer sound than Kyouku, and although Uki's style of playing is not technically "laid-back" it fits the style of ADULT. If he was wailing on the guitar like in Kyouiku, then I would say he does not fit the band because that is not the new style. But as spazzy as his playing may be (I can't really tell since I do not know the specifics of guitar playing) it still fits the ADULT style.
Old 2007.06.29, 02:38 PM   #190
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

But obviously, you do not "whail guitar" on most songs in Adult. No guitar player would