Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.04.05, 05:33 AM   #41
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

yeah I watched the SXSW performance but I just know these songs will sound very different on the album. I'm going to wait before I make up my mind about them. The melodies were nice from what I remember...
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.05, 01:33 PM   #42
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yeah.

part of me just wants the album to leak. im kind of making myself sick of tori in anticipation of all of it. i'm going to get the album, listen to it, then ban myself from tori for months, rofl.

and the welcome to england video seems to get worse each time I watch it. maybe its all the bad things I have read all over the web about it, or perhaps it is the color (it is tinted a little too green and cyan for my tastes, leave it a photographer to be upset with color correction), it just makes me feel a little sick.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.05, 03:00 PM   #43
merman

merman is an asset to this community

What I'd like the most would be to have a first listen of the album from the DVD, with the visualettes. Sure, it won't include Mary Jane, but it seems like it'd be a really epic first listen (/watch). I still tend to think the Welcome to England video will be better when it's with the others, but we'll see. I only watched it once and it just doesn't really work as a music video, that's why I hope it'll work better in the greater context. We'll see. Neko, don't watch it or you'll hate it even before the album's out!
I really really hope I can get a copy of the limited edition in Vienna when it comes out, they did sell ADP limited, then they had it even on vinyl recently, and they even stocked the original edition of A Piano, and then the cheaper one. So my hopes are really high to get it right from a store, because I can't really pre-order :\
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.05, 10:01 PM   #44
kuro_neko

well they haven't even issued official release specs yet and outside of the US edition everything else is an import, but there has been semi-confirmed news saying that the UK edition is getting an extra track, Oscar's Theme, so you should hold out for that version. I'm guessing the versions in Europe are pretty much all UK bonus track versions, right?
Old 2009.04.06, 05:04 AM   #45
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Well not always, sometimes there is a UK version and a separate continental Europe version, so it's not a rule. Either way, thanks for clarifying that you can only pre-order the US imports, then it's OK for me to wait.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 08:45 PM   #46
kuro_neko

so iTunes has added the new cd, so you can now download WtE single and also listen to 30 clips of the entire album (its on the bonus track edition, the deluxe edition doesn't have clips yet...)

I have no words. I am just so astonished, this album is just...unique. there is no way I will be able to make up my mind until I have it here in my hands and have given it a few spins, maybe a few months. Man, I'm so glad that Tori is back to making really unconventional and spacey unique music. yay.

and the itunes deluxe pre-order has a bonus presale password for the upcoming tour. i'm guessing the dates for the USA start in July since the presale is at the end of May.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.04.13 at 09:47 PM.
Old 2009.04.17, 04:47 AM   #47
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

gtfo, itunes. I won't sign up just to listen to some preview.
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.17, 11:30 AM   #48
kuro_neko

you can download mp3 of the samples on toriphorums from yo vicci, she has it posted in the 30 clip section thread.
Old 2009.04.17, 12:23 PM   #49
Simon

Simon has had more than 15 seconds of fame

There's something about Tori Amos.. I just can't get into her. I like Winter and her cover of Kate Bush's "And Dream Of Sheep". But that's all. :/
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.17, 10:00 PM   #50
kuro_neko

yeah, tori tends to be really polarizing. her early music is pretty accessible to most people, but from her fourth album onwards it becomes very exclusive. I think it has to do with the image of her and what people think of her and what in reality she is. for example, she gets grouped a lot with kate bush, alanis morsette, and all these other strong female artists, but Tori is really not so similar. While all her music is heavily piano-driven, she hasn't actually made a real "piano" album since the early 00's.

edit: the more and more I stream the clips, the less and less interested I am getting in the album. I think I'm desensitizing myself. No more until the release!!!