Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.05.05, 03:54 PM   #11
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I love rock band. I'm gonna have to buy a cheap xbox so I can get access to all the online content...
If I were to ever buy an XBox 360, I'd probably be the only 360 owner without an account at a social networking site (or twitter - if that counts). Cosmic forces would surely push me and pull me until I finally got an account somewhere, because that is the way of things. If I already have a social networking account, then I'm never going to take any other console systems into consideration if I could only pick just one. Again, that is the way of things. Nobody who is a part of it can rationally explain it, unless social dependencies coercing your own logic to have the spin you feel comfortable with, counts as rational.

Rock Band is also available for the PS3, I don't think any of the downloadable content is exclusive to the XBox 360, and PS3s double as (cheaper than you think) Blu-Ray players that meet or exceed all of the official specifications for dedicated/nongaming Blu-Ray players. Also, a larger percentage of XBox 360s have died on people, than PS3s. If in the future you were ever going to buy anything other than Rock Band for your system, you might want to look at which systems have cornered which genres before you commit your few hundred starting dollars.
Old 2009.05.05, 03:57 PM   #12
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Do you own a PS3, Glath?
Old 2009.05.05, 04:20 PM   #13
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I own 3 PS3 games (the kind of games/editions that disappear if you don't buy them quickly), and no PS3 yet. I keep meaning to buy one (all of the recent Shiina Ringo releases and my recently-cut workhours don't help), but I've been torn about how little or much cross-compatibility I want with PS2 games.

I still use my PS2, and I have a huge backlog of games (mostly RPGs) that I've bought for it but haven't played yet, because I play most RPGs to death before I move onto the next one. That's another reason I haven't been in a rush to get a next-generation system. I'm not so much a Sony fanboy (especially not after messing around with the inside of a BetaMAX deck or any of their mini-cams), I'm just more of a single-player RPG addict. Used to be an MMORPG addict but decided the competitive nature of it was punishing me too much for taking breaks from the game whenever *I* felt like it. You can't get ahead and stay ahead in an MMORPG while getting ahead and staying ahead in life. You have to choose between the two, and I decided if I was going to have to be a loser in an MMORPG (for not investing rapid enough time into it), then I'd rather not play it at all. At least I can play the single-player games at my own pace and still end up a winner one day.
Old 2009.05.05, 04:40 PM   #14
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I feel the same way about MMORPGs. I could never really get that into them. I would see my friends ruin their lives because they'd play WoW obsessively and, needless to say, that didn't really motivate me to delve any further into the genre.

I can definitely understand the hesitation to get a PS3 also. It really annoys me that PS2 memory cards aren't compatible with the PS3. I can play any PS1 or 2 game I want to with mine, which is nice because I don't have to plug my PS2 in, but it's a pain that I have to start all over again in my games. I know there are adapters that you can put into the USB port to play memory cards but it's a pain that you have to buy it in the first place. Since you're a big RPG fan, I can imagine it being annoying to have to restart every single old RPG if you want to play it on the new system. You'd obviously have to get an adapter.

Last edited by Osiris12345 : 2009.05.05 at 04:46 PM.
Osiris12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.06, 07:16 AM   #15
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I don't think any of the downloadable content is exclusive to the XBox 360
Can anyone confirm that Rock Band's online content is exclusive to the XBOX 360 only?
Old 2009.05.06, 07:39 AM   #16
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ None of it is exclusive.
Old 2009.05.06, 08:31 AM   #17
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Can anyone confirm that Rock Band's online content is exclusive to the XBOX 360 only?
It isn't, but it is extremely limited on the Wii if you were thinking of that as an alternative (the game itself is cut down also). But the 360 DLC is better because we play it
Old 2009.05.06, 02:49 PM   #18
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

haha that's cool we can have virtual rockband parties!
(damn I'm still a geek after all)
Old 2009.05.06, 04:34 PM   #19
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
It isn't, but it is extremely limited on the Wii if you were thinking of that as an alternative (the game itself is cut down also). But the 360 DLC is better because we play it
I'm so used to the Wii version I don't even think about stuff like that. How is it on other versions? It's kinda annoying that you can't choose anything when you're with another band. Is it different on other ones?
It's annoying on the Wii online rock band anyway because there are a general lack of people and those who do want to play choose difficulties too hard for them and leave the band hanging to continue a mutiple song setlist.

Yeah... so we've had Rock Band 2 for going on 2 months now and it's become a daily activity. And now that I suddenly have so much more time on my hands now due to graduating, I'm sure I'll be playing so much more.
I wasn't good with the guitar for the longest time and stuck with drums and vocals for the main part, but just 3 or 4 days ago I picked up the guitar and I'm doing pretty well on medium. I even beat De-Luxe with flying colors on bass on expert, but that's because it's soooo easy.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.12, 01:56 AM   #20
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Op updated with Paul's Hofner Bass.