Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.02.13, 05:27 AM   #1001
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Trailer for Inglorious Basterds.

It's an okay trailer, I would've liked to see more of the female cast, maybe a fleeting shot of Maggie Cheung...can't argue with the premise though.
Yeah I was expecting a bit more action, but it at the very least hinted at utter brutality. I guess we'll have to wait for the full (hopefully red band) trailer.
Old 2009.02.18, 11:51 AM   #1002
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

Right now I´m watching the final credits of the 20th Century Boys live-action, hoping there´s something after that...

Unfortunately, I feel I wasted 140 minutes of my life watching that film... Just read the manga, guys!!!

MyLastFM
Old 2009.02.26, 01:44 PM   #1003
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Curb Your Enthusiasm on Justin.tv

God I have a love hate relationship with this show. There's obviously very smart writing going on here, it's just that Larry David is such a prick. Everytime he opens his mouth I want to punch him in the face.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2009.02.26, 03:11 PM   #1004
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Curb Your Enthusiasm on Justin.tv

God I have a love hate relationship with this show. There's obviously very smart writing going on here, it's just that Larry David is such a prick. Everytime he opens his mouth I want to punch him in the face.
Really!? I often find Larry to be right a lot of the time, just totally impolite. He says what we're all thinking. I love him
Old 2009.02.26, 03:13 PM   #1005
cjhobbies00

He's always thinking things that we know are inappropriate. I think the hook of the show is making us hate LD.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
Old 2009.02.27, 09:44 AM   #1006
Inaudible-Whisper

Yeah, but you love to hate him.

--------------------

I think it's time I watched the entire X-Files series again. Or at least the first 6 seasons. I was thinking about all the awesome episodes I want to go back and watch recently, but there's too many so I'll just watch them all.
Old 2009.02.27, 09:52 AM   #1007
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I haven't watched X-Files in quite awhile either, but I remember the first season or two being very underwhelming. Just about every "paranormal" occurrence had the most disappointing explanation. "Oh, that's not the Loch Ness Monster. People are just overreacting about an ordinary crocodile". I'm amazed the show survived long enough in those earlier years, to be able to get any better. Other shows that were better to begin with, have been canceled in the middle of their second seasons.
Old 2009.02.27, 09:57 AM   #1008
cjhobbies00

The X-Files is for geeks! Go Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

Old 2009.02.27, 10:20 AM   #1009
Inaudible-Whisper

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I haven't watched X-Files in quite awhile either, but I remember the first season or two being very underwhelming. Just about every "paranormal" occurrence had the most disappointing explanation. "Oh, that's not the Loch Ness Monster. People are just overreacting about an ordinary crocodile". I'm amazed the show survived long enough in those earlier years, to be able to get any better. Other shows that were better to begin with, have been canceled in the middle of their second seasons.
Yeah, the show really gets going in it's third season which is the best in my opinion, but the first two seasons still had some awesome episodes. Plus some of the mythology is put in place so I wouldn't skip them.

X-Files owns Buffy in virtually every way possible
Old 2009.02.27, 10:28 AM   #1010
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I never could get into Buffy because it was too WBtastic (Dawson's Creek and Smallville are other shows that fit the profile). Hurray, let's get a bunch of good-looking white people mostly in their late teens or early 20s, have them living in a bubble (usually at least somewhat rural), and depending upon what our marketing research indicates, we might make half of it a soap opera, and an unusually large portion of the show could take place at night because teen dramas that take place during the daytime just aren't as cool.

I wouldn't consider openly associating myself with Buffy as an interest, to be much of a social upgrade from being identified with X-Files.