Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.05.09, 01:34 PM   #11
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

It's hard to say because I almost always separate live performances from recordings. Rakujitsu at JCHI would take this easily but I think I'm gonna be interesting and pick something else. I'll weigh their best recording with their best live and decide out of those two.

Recording - I agree with kuro_neko on this one. Adult's version of Himitsu is as good as it gets with Phase 2 Tokyo Jihen. They are so tight in this song and each have an awesome part to play that it really makes a great song an amazing song. As much as I adore Dynamite Out's version, I think this surpasses it. And that is not something I can say often. It's jazzy, sexy, and rockin' all at the same time. It was a hell of a way to kick off Adult.

Live - Kabuki + OSCA at Spa & Treatment was great. Not only was it a perfect transition but it was a stellar performance of both songs. I think it's the best live version of either of the two. And the crowd reaction to OSCA was just awesome. It's just a great performance. When S&T was first talked about on this board and I saw it, I smiled because I knew nu-Jihen haters couldn't say anything to criticize these two.

Out of the two, I'd say Kabuki + OSCA takes it. This is important to me because it came from a time where everyone was so concerned with how much they hated Variety and almost everything Phase 2 related. This performance showed that the band could still rock and kick ass when they wanted to. And that's important.

Last edited by Osiris12345 : 2009.05.10 at 10:53 PM.
Osiris12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.10, 09:08 AM   #12
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Kabuki and OSCA S+T is explosive!

Oh, and SOTC BB Queen has to be up there. It's a really impressive vocal performance, and reminds me a lot of old Ringo in a way. Rolling Rs, that NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA at the end is just awesome. It has everything rolled into one. VARIETY could have been much better than it was if they had arranged songs differently/chose different songs to put on the album. Botoumin SOTC would have been good except UKIFUCKINGGUMO SINGING MAN he RUINS the song!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.10, 09:42 AM   #13
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

live: ringo han, TJ X Nagakawa kiyoshi part. fly me to the moon, keshou naoshi, ringo no uta, rakujitsu...these are great.

recording: adult of course. there's no other choice since phase II only produce two albums...
Old 2009.05.11, 08:13 AM   #14
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by papilionidae View Post
recording: adult of course. there's no other choice since phase II only produce two albums...
XDDDDDDDDDD
this made my day

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.12, 07:47 AM   #15
clowezra

clowezra is headed in the right direction

Tbh, when it came to Phase 2 performances, I found SR as amazing as ever on pretty much all of them-but I never really payed attention to the band. I've taken a huge liking to Phase 1 as an overall band, so...=/

But as for recording, OSCA is fabulous.
Old 2009.05.13, 03:28 PM   #16
Nebularus

Nebularus is headed in the right direction

Souretsu at the Osaka-jo Hall on the DOMESTIC! Virgin LINE tour. I was chilled to the bone.
Nebularus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.15, 10:24 PM   #17
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

1. Gunjo Spa & Treatment
2. Souretsu
3. Oiran
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.18, 10:29 PM   #18
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Rakujutsu
..And one of the live TV performance of Killer Tune where Uki didn't bust out random guitar chops.
Old 2009.07.22, 11:42 AM   #19
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

To add to the list:

Pinocchio Spa and Treatment: Not really my favourite song per se, but it sounds a tad epic here.

Sake to Geko Spa and Treatment: In my initial spur of excitement when I discovered how great this was, I mentioned it but no-one acknowledged how great this was. This is Dynamite Out caliber. Her voice was raw and wild here. Probably the most underrated Shiina performance?

Honnou Just Can't Help It: OK I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but I was pleasantly surprised at how they didn't butcher the song. It's actually quite neat. JCHI is an extremely disappointed concert -- If they didn't do this I probably wouldn't dislike Phase 2 as much.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.26, 09:49 AM   #20
憂い菩薩

憂い菩薩 is headed in the right direction

Souretsu. It's probably my favorite performance by TJ at all (this or maybe Phase 1 Himitsu).

edit: I totally forgot Pinocchio Spa and Treatment! Those three round out my performance troika.
憂い菩薩 is offline   Reply With Quote