Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.06.07, 05:49 PM   #881
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

shun pv was directed by Kimura Yutaka.. the same who directed Honnou, Sigma and Tsumi to batsu!!!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2009.06.07, 05:53 PM   #882
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

the rap truly isn't the kind of 'vogue' for Shiina fans, however, I don't find that to be the worst part of what I can hear in the song. It sounds like Himitsu (for DJ?) all over again. Which sorta has me going 'eh.' The musical break is pretty righteous though.

Its a shame the album isn't more like Ariamaru Tomi...
Old 2009.06.07, 06:05 PM   #883
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

vogue sounds really good!!!

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Old 2009.06.07, 06:11 PM   #884
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I just wanna hear this album alreadyyyyyyyyy maannnnnn!

I hope the video is awesome.
Old 2009.06.07, 06:32 PM   #885
clowezra

clowezra is headed in the right direction

Vogue sounds class. I'll have to skip the rap everytime I hear it, though.
Old 2009.06.07, 06:54 PM   #886
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

http://www.emimusic.jp/ringo10th/ringo09/

PV available! (only 1:12)

the album is produced by 化猫キラー, Ringo + Inoue Uni, the duet produced KZK!

Last edited by papilionidae : 2009.06.07 at 07:01 PM.
Old 2009.06.07, 07:04 PM   #887
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Interesting how they got the anniversary eye into there.

This is what happens when you take the horns out of a SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS collaboration, and I like what I'm hearing so far.
Old 2009.06.07, 07:31 PM   #888
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

interesting to note that some of the credits differ from the ones we had up to now. for starters, lyrics for Mittei no Monogatari are credited to a "Jack Brown." I'm assuming that this means that either Jack Brown translated Ringo's Japanese lyrics or that the lyrics were originally taken from some source by a Jack Brown (such as a novel, play, poem, obscure song, etc). Interesting to note that in all songs translated for Ringo into English previously, Robbie Clark was NOT listed in the credits for lyrics, he was noted as a translator seperately, so I am not quite sure what this means. The fact that Robbie Clark is not listed makes me feel that this is probably some sort of partial cover with lyrics taken from another source and a song written around it.

interestingly as well, Vogue is credited lyrically to Shiina Ringo and Sakama Daisuke (Mummy-D's actual name), but track 10 lists Shiina Ringo and Mummy-D, I have no reason why one track lists his name and the other Mummy-D...

on track 10 the entire thing is arranged by the synth master Nakayama Nobuhiko , bakeneko killer (ringo and inoue) and a "Mr. Drunk" who is ALSO Sakama Daisuke/Mummy-D, this is the name he uses as a track maker.

edit: OOOH this is interesting. according to the liner notes Jack Brown served as Ringo's "english advisor" while she wrote Mittei no Monogatari, and it is the successor to Mayonaka ha Junketsu, just as Futaribocchi no Jikan is the successor to Ringo no Uta as the Minna no Uta song....Mayonaka ha Junksetu sequel called "Spy's Story?" YES PLEASE ;;continues reading;;

edit edit: this go on to talk about how this album has everything, from the rock band sound, to computer colored synths, to horns, to strings, it has it all. while it is obviously going to be in the pop rock vein, they talk about how it has a world music/musical soundtrack very wide and colorful approach, and following in the tracks of Suberidai and Honnou, it contains traces of funk, jazz, R&B, and many other influences, all rolled together into one.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.06.07 at 07:42 PM.
Old 2009.06.07, 07:57 PM   #889
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

going for the double post, woot woot.

I didn't notice this the first time, according to emi's site it says now that there is a first press bonus of a slip case and bare skin (nude) booklet presentation.

I have no idea what this means, I am thinking this means first press is not a jewel case, but instead is a small square book (much like the Electric Mole first press DVD books) full of lyrics/pictures (nuuuude pictures) culminating with the cd in back and seated overall within a slipcase containing the main cover we have seen in the artwork. I've had a few cds come packaged like this. They are nice but at the same time I don't like not having a somewhat tightly sealed case and it maks scanning and reading lyrics a bitch, but it is still sexy. I can just see this now, the booklet will be skin colored and full of ambiguous shots of random ringo body parts....I'm guessing regular press would then probably be regular jewel case presentation with the lyrics and perhaps a select few of the nude photos in the booklet.

this is AWESOME.
XDXDXDXDXDXD

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.06.07 at 08:00 PM.
Old 2009.06.07, 08:03 PM   #890
imkookoo

imkookoo is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by papilionidae View Post
http://www.emimusic.jp/ringo10th/ringo09/

PV available! (only 1:12)

the album is produced by 化猫キラー, Ringo + Inoue Uni, the duet produced KZK!
Woah.. thanks for posting. We all needed at least one video of SR masturbating.
Closed Thread