Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.10.02, 08:53 PM   #721
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Something tells me I really want dat keychain.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.03, 08:32 AM   #722
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Bootleg:
http://firestorage.jp/download/3af2e...c8353964cbce00

21st outro to Senko Shoujo intro.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.04, 09:14 AM   #723
iliviriel

iliviriel pleased at least somebody

I'm not really into giving my opinion on a forum but I'm a big reader of EMF for the last 3 years I think.
As I'll go to Japan at the end of this year, I tried my luck last april at the lotery to get tickets for the concert in Tokyo on 1st and 2nd december. Either I was lucky or it is very likely to win but I got 2 tickets for the 2 concerts.
My wife will join me for the concert on the 1st of december but for the concert on the 2nd, I still have one ticket left. I thougth first to ask a friend to join me but I don't have a friend who is really big fan of TJ. So if there is an EMF member interested, please contact me.

Price is 6600yen.
I don't have any information on the seat number as I will receive the ticket 2 weeks before the show.

edit : I found a EMF member interested. So I don't have any ticket left.

Last edited by iliviriel : 2011.10.06 at 11:40 AM.
iliviriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.08, 05:20 AM   #724
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Looks like I might be going the last date as well, Dec 7. It's great that they scheduled 2 more shows in Tokyo.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.11, 12:35 AM   #725
MagicSword!

MagicSword! has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Went to see the Sapporo show last night and I was blown away. Seriously effing good show. The setlist was the same as the Shizuoka one on the last page, with a couple of songs in a different order, and I probably have the same reservations about some of the song selections as other people here (I think at first my mind refused to accept that they were playing Mirrorball when it started) but it really didn't matter because that was the kind of super-staged extravaganza I was hoping to see on the Ultra-C tour. Many times better, much more fun and Himitsu for DJ - oh boy. Sooooo ridiculous, so good. Anyone who's going is in for a treat.

Ha, I was going to do such a blow by blow post, but caught myself before I could ruin it for everyone.
MagicSword! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.12, 03:32 AM   #726
D.K.Liu

D.K.Liu is an asset to this community

To MagicSword,
Considering that most of us won't be able to attend the concert and would have to wait for the DVD, I think that many of us would quite welcome a detailed write-up of your experience. Just put on some spoiler alerts in case there really are people that are sensitive about hearing your report of the concert.
D.K.Liu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.12, 03:35 AM   #727
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Seconded!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.14, 05:24 AM   #728
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm so excited for Himitsu for DJ. Was it "silly" like JCHI's Service or the Himitsu PV, or actually a great version?
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.14, 09:31 AM   #729
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

I visit this thread for the sort of details that MagicSword has chosen to withhold from us! Please share!
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.10.16, 03:48 AM   #730
MagicSword!

MagicSword! has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Oh guys! And then I was away for a week and I couldn't read this board! Sorry about that. Well, ok then, I will attempt to spoilerize this in white so highlight to read etc.

The whole show just felt like they put in a lot more effort than the last tour (even though, like I said, some of these song choices...) They had a semi-transparent screen that came down at the front of the stage that they projected videos and images onto, a screen right behind them for the same, and then behind that (only revealed half way through the set) a set of steps leading up the back of the stage which had coloured lights built in and that they used to show other images later on. Oh, and at a couple of points there was stuff being projected above the steps, so possibly there was a third screen behind that. And just like every Ringo performance I've seen none of that was overused, they mixed it up throughout which really added to the spectacle.

The show was basically split into four chunks - the first section started with them playing behind the front screen with these kind of smoke-bomb things falling in slow motion (it kind of brought the dusty moonscape photos to mind) and ended with 禁じられた遊び and worked the kind of phasey reverb effects on that intro up in the fade out as the screen came down and the silhouettes of the band started flickering around and then slowly going out of focus as if you were going underwater. Costumes for this section were white with Ringo in a skirt and big fluffy boots and a big fluffy hat with big horns stuck on it, and the guys in suit-type affairs. Ringo's hair was very long here, but... well it soon became clear she was going to be switching wigs all through the show.

The second section started with some typewriter sound effects and lyrics coming up on the screen. This section started off with more of the aesthetic of the 空が鳴っている artwork and video with the whole band changing into more sombre black suits and Ringo in a black dress, but with a blonde bob hair style. It was pretty restrained until Himitsu for DJ when all hell broke loose. The crew wheeled on a gong for Izawa and, I was like - ah, this is the kind of thing I was waiting for - and then when it got to the solo and Ringo does the 'guitar' line Ukigumo handed his guitar to one of the stage crew and ran down to the front of the stage WITH Izawa, and the two of them started bouncing around rapping and trading lines in a somewhat unconvincing but utterly joyful way while a computer generated diagram of Uki's guitar span around on the screen behind them. And once the rap was over he ran back, collected his guitar, and the back screen had gone up revealing the stairs for the first time, he climbed half way up the stairs so he was right in the middle, turned to face the audience and Ringo said "UKIGUMO!" and as he kicked into his solo the stairs lit up, spelling out his name around him in massive letters.

It was RIDICULOUS. In a good way.

They used the stairs to project some simple stuff for Dopamint, and then, of course used them for Onnanoko wa Daredemo kind of like the video. Oh, and at the start of Onnanoko (which was an ok version for the four piece band) Ringo ripped off her black dress and under it was this crazy ruffled bright pink dress. Costume changes! So fun. And in Onnanoko they had some sparkly streamers shooting out into the crowd.

Then the screen came down again, and before the next part they played a video that was a mash up of random transmission test images, that squirrel clip from the sora ga... video, something from the Too Handsome video, and then a whole lot of spinning colour bars. They started playing, and the screen came up and the stairs split in half and Ringo was singing through her megaphone on a platform that had been hidden behind them. Again, costume changes for the whole band, this time in grey tunics with a kind of blocky black and red logo on the front - Ringo in pretty much the same but a dress, and with short dark hair now.

For the last section of the main set they had images on the stairs and they used a screen above the stairs, notably for the countdown in Nodoteki Sanpunkan. Ringo left the stage through the gap in the stairs during the ending of Senkou Shojou, but the guys headed off stage right.

And when they left the stage before the encore, just before they came back on and when they left again they had an airhorn sound effect like at a sporting event sounding a break.

AND THEN for the encore they all came out wearing completely different costumes again, but for the first song of the encore the lights were super-low so you couldn't see what they were wearing properly. But Ringo was clearly wearing something ludicrous on her head, so everyone around me was whispering - what the hell is she wearing?

So when the lights came up Izawa was dressed as a matador (and since he was playing guitar on the last two songs he had one of those crazy ugly scarves from the merch stand hanging down from his guitar neck like a matadors red cloth, Kameda was in a shiny chinese style-shirt, Hata was in a totally Hata-esque suit that seemed to be made entirely of rags and I'm afraid I can't remember what Ukigumo was wearing, but it was all super-colourful is the point. And Ringo was wearing a sparkly multi-coloured mini-dress and an insane-looking, possibly furry, giant native-american chief's head-dress. She looked amazing, man. And she sang 新しい文明開化 through a megaphone yeah, but it didn't really make a difference coz they turned the distortion down on it so it was basically a cooler-looking mic. And they had confetti raining down, and it was all pretty incredible and overwhelming. The whole band left through the gap in the stairs after that.

Man, sorry if that was too long, but it was a pretty full show, and it was fun to play it all out again in my head.
MagicSword! is offline   Reply With Quote