Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2016.04.08, 01:29 PM   #1081
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Can you hear any familiar voice in this song?

Shishido Kavka - Asa Made sugar me
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.08, 02:32 PM   #1082
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Heh, ordered as soon as I heard the news.

Also I think Oomori wrote the lyrics and chorus of this song, if not the whole thing.
Old 2016.04.08, 09:46 PM   #1083
Hideki

Hideki has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I was on some good coffee the other day and I wrote out a super delayed review of Sennou. Honestly, I'm not even sure if it's fair for me to review that album anymore - I kinda know it like that back of my hand at this point.
But anyway I finally gave TBH a run through and it doesn't seem as sporadic and crazy as Sennou. The songs are a lot more consistent while Sennou feels like a roller coaster.

Originally Posted by s3r3nity View Post
does anyone else think that
無修正ロマンティック ~延長戦~ (track 11) sounds like Seiko's take on Tokyo Jihen? I almost thought I accidentally slipped a TJ song into my playlist or something.
When this track came on I immediately thought of your post even if I forgot which track you mentioned haha. Those keyboards did it for me.
Do you guys think the title is also a homage to Ringo? Mushuusei ROMANTIC made me think of Marunouchi SADISTIC, especially the way its written and styled in kana with the kanji compound followed by katakana.
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.09, 07:46 AM   #1084
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

I can't remember which track it is, but there's a part in a song towards the latter half of TBH that sounds like it came straight from an 80's rock song
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.11, 12:20 PM   #1085
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
I can't remember which track it is, but there's a part in a song towards the latter half of TBH that sounds like it came straight from an 80's rock song
yea im not sure if i can condone those slayer parts of the song, it's still a good song but that part is too familiar
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.11, 12:36 PM   #1086
Necronopticous

Necronopticous has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Well, I feel I have finally digested TOKYO BLACK HOLE musically--I would still really like to be able to read & intuit all of the lyrics (has anybody translated the entirety of the record yet? Link please?) before fully judging, but at this point I'm definitely not feeling it as much as you guys are. It's a solid pop record which is beautifully produced with a few moments of Oomori genius (e.g. subdued title track, Magic Mirror, and the final track as DG mentioned) but I feel like she's already done this, arguably better, on Sennou. I'm not really sure there is much left for her to do or prove in this (at least musically) mostly pure pop space and I was really hoping for something a little more fresh, or at least more throwback on this new project after Sennou which seemed like the logical conclusion to that progression.

I want a full record of whatever that last track is, honestly, or something completely new. I want crazier. This is the side of Oomori that makes me feel like she is one of the most unique individuals in the music industry and I really just want that.

I hate to be a downer on this record because I actually do like it, but I hold Oomori to extremely high standards because I really do think she is a genius and capable of continuing to blow my mind and that just didn't happen here.
Necronopticous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.16, 12:02 AM   #1087
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

As I feared, it's sold out already. Half a day.

Y!A it is.
Old 2016.04.17, 04:37 PM   #1088
deadgrandma

SENNOU VINYL SECURED.

Only 1000 yen extra than original price. I can live with that.
Old 2016.04.17, 04:40 PM   #1089
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
SENNOU VINYL SECURED.

Only 1000 yen extra than original price. I can live with that.
Where did you purchase it from? I'd like to try and find one as well if possible.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.04.17, 05:27 PM   #1090
deadgrandma

You've got a few options.

Check your inbox.