Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.09.30, 07:05 PM   #211
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Sunn O))) FINALLY have a new full length album coming out! It's called KANNON and will be out December 4.

Tracklist:

1. Kannon 1
2. Kannon 2
3. Kannon 3

If it's even remotely as amazing as Monoliths and Dimensions or Altar (I say this because it's produced by Randall Dunn again), I will be addicted to it for months!
Old 2015.10.01, 05:17 PM   #212
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

New Baroness single strays even further from the heavy sound of early releases and more into Black era Metallica land. I'm still deciding if I like this or not.

Baroness- Chlorine and Wine

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.01 at 05:30 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.02, 05:54 PM   #213
deadgrandma

I have to admit, DAOKO's new single...

Is a fucking masterpiece.

Like- where the hell did THIS come from????!!!!!

Amazing!
Old 2015.10.03, 03:55 AM   #214
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I have to admit, DAOKO's new single...

Is a fucking masterpiece.

Like- where the hell did THIS come from????!!!!!

Amazing!
Have you been sleeping? Her last album IS amazing. You all ignored it on this site.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.03, 04:17 PM   #215
deadgrandma

I haven't ignored, just wasn't really my thing.

New single is nothing like what she's done before (not a single line of rapping) and I personally really hope for more like it- though it is shifting to being a quite divisive release that people either love or hate. The best kind of release.

For me though, I am unashamedly in love with it.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.03 at 04:20 PM.
Old 2015.10.04, 09:48 AM   #216
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Are you serious? The new Daoko sounds like Perfume singing Shimatani Hitomi....which could be worse I guess.

I prefer Suisei by FAR lol...
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.04, 04:19 PM   #217
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Now you all have me worried. I have to go listen to Daoko's new single. I loved Gravity and her self-titled album.

Hmm, not up to the quality of any of her previous work. Sounds like generic dance pop compared to everything that was on her recent self-titled. Disappointed. At least it has a small moment of greatness at the very end.

Her self-titled was full of complex musical arrangements for her to rap/sing behind; not sure how you could like this single more than any song off that album. I would go back and listen.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.04, 04:45 PM   #218
deadgrandma

Heh, I feel like you're me trying to fathom Coke song love

Enjoy.

Honestly, I spun the hell out of the self titled and even own the 2 disc version for a while. It'll likely be in my top 20. I know what you're saying about the instrumentation but... it takes a lot to put me in the mood for her style of kawaii rapping. Have you seen The Visit? I often find it similar to that kid...

You can't appreciate her trying new things at least? I really do enjoy it. But yeah... No expectations from me probably make it easier to accept/just enjoy. Probably her label attempting to push her into the mainstream. I hope for your sake then, that it fails horribly.

Also, regarding Daoko... seems that weebs think that she's an anime character ("that daoko girl")... ouch Daoko, thats gotta hurt.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.10.04 at 06:49 PM.
Old 2015.10.04, 07:00 PM   #219
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I don't really ~dislike~ the new daoko song, but seriously if you've heard any of Shimatani Hitomi's dance pop songs (Falco, Destiny etc) the resemblance is uncanny.

I try quite hard not to dismiss songs based on my innate tastes in genre, but when I hear something like that it's quite hard to dissociate it from "Bleach OP song", which doesn't mean it's a bad song inherently, just harder for me to take seriously.

In all fairness, that Seishun amigo song that came out many years ago which I absolutely loathed at release came to grow on me eventually, so . . . . . .
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.10.05, 04:18 AM   #220
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Is it okay to post anything, even if the chances anyone actually cares about them are probably low?

Misokkasu ("miso dregs," or "good-for-nothing" are some of your many choices for how to read this) are releasing their first major mini-album on Oct 21! It's called Flat Minor Seventh.

If this track is anything to go by, it feels a lot cleaner (?) and doesn't leave me scratching my head like their past stuff that got me interested in listening, but I'll try and pick it up to give it a spin.

I'd describe them as "the kind of band that one group of nerds you know would probably form".

Misokkasu

Last edited by tsukigimehime : 2015.10.05 at 04:28 AM. Reason: learned how youtube
tsukigimehime is offline   Reply With Quote