Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.11.26, 05:44 PM   #1521
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Did you have any doubt in your mind?
Old 2015.11.26, 05:48 PM   #1522
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

I had plenty of false hope and denial...those are kinds of doubt.
Old 2015.11.26, 05:56 PM   #1523
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

She'll do it and it'll sound exactly the same as all the other performances we've heard of it. YAY

The only hope I have is if she pulls performance like last years NIPPON. Not that you'd be able to hear it under the autotune I suppose.
Old 2015.11.27, 02:01 PM   #1524
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Maybe she'll pull that face again.
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.11.30, 07:23 AM   #1525
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ariamaru tomi was the encore tonight.
She was so vibrant!! Even better energy than Sendai imo.

HzM turned the last MC over to her after first mentioning ukigmo and his trip to Taiwan and Ringo was like "how did it end up at me again? Is this even fair?" And she was super cute when everyone was shouting welcome home to her
Old 2015.11.30, 11:01 AM   #1526
zeroryouko
Ringophile

Other than Ariamaru Tomi, was the set list the same as at the 11/25 show? (I keep hoping she's going to throw Souretsu into the mix.)

Also I'm really curious - what was the hometown crowd like, compared to Sendai (or any of the other venues, for that matter)?
Old 2015.11.30, 03:55 PM   #1527
tsukigimehime

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
Other than Ariamaru Tomi, was the set list the same as at the 11/25 show? (I keep hoping she's going to throw Souretsu into the mix.)

Also I'm really curious - what was the hometown crowd like, compared to Sendai (or any of the other venues, for that matter)?
The set list was the same, yes! Her voice had a different quality at the start compared to Sendai I only.

The crowd seemed really energetic overall, comparatively. There was someone who came from SK to see her too! People were still shouting to her even after she stood at the mic to start the encore. Her eye contact was really good, but I think the lighting on the crowd was better than in Sendai so she could probably see better. She also touched the hand of basically everyone in the first row or two during sigma (not sure if she did this at Sendai)

She started the show with a "tadaima kaette mairimashita" though (before she went into yasashii tetsugaku) so the hometown tension was high from the start :O
Old 2015.11.30, 05:24 PM   #1528
zeroryouko
Ringophile

Originally Posted by tsukigimehime View Post
The set list was the same, yes! Her voice had a different quality at the start compared to Sendai I only.
How so?
Old 2015.11.30, 06:07 PM   #1529
tsukigimehime

Wow that's not even a complete sentence... No more posting first thing in the morning...

She was croakier on the first song, I'm not sure if this could be classified as "not warmed up" or not, as I personally love hearing her voice like that. She sounded overall less nasally to me as well? And her inflection varied from time to time--I couldn't say if it was necessarily different from the Sendai show, but definitely different from the recorded versions.
Old 2015.12.02, 05:38 PM   #1530
tsukigimehime

Sorry to exacerbate the problem of the News Thread Becomes General Thread, Hell Ensues (it feels a bit late in the game for a 2015 tour thread, but I would be willing to put relevant information together in a separate thread if anyone would care), but I guess I'll just give my overall thoughts on this tour despite not being asked :

I really felt that hall tours suit her so well. I love how intimate the shows are. I think everyone will enjoy this when it's out on DVD (Kodama is a great director, and I'm sure his hands will be all over the recording, so I expect good things)! She definitely does Big! well (I watched Expo more than 10 times in the first week that I got it), but this felt so much nicer.

Shows like Recohatsu and the 15th Anniversary shows have a more mature, cleaner? atmosphere, so they're not as loose, and you feel less inclined to shout at her and the band members, but the hall shows have been very relaxed and familiar, and they've been the most fun out of any of her shows for me. It's such a treat to experience everything you love about someone in a 2hr-ish time frame. I felt that her voice has settled in a nice place for me since the days of her earlier shows. Some songs sounded better on some days (First song on Fukuoka day 2 gave me shivers and pushed me to tears), but for the few days I was there, her energy seemed wonderful and the performers were really lively, too, on the second day of Fukuoka.

The sound is better the farther you are from the speakers, though this probably goes without saying for any concert? Some halls definitely have better acoustics, for sure. The lighting was great and I loved being able to look around me and see the faces of the people enjoying themselves.

Worst thing is that she didn't play Tadashii Machi in Fukuoka :,( when will our day come???

There's another post-concert official questionnaire, but I'll link it when it's done since there's about 2 more weeks to collect answers (unless you all really want it now).

A personal highlight was during her MC on 11/30, she said to Nagoshi "You and Torigoe have the connection that you're both from Okayama right? You, Izawa, and Torigoe--Okayama is the town of perverts!" I can't believe she just outed them like that...

Tamada also mentioned that Ringo said that she wants to do a show in his hometown of Oita in a field next to this national heritage site with a lot of stone Buddhas, to which Ringo responded "everyone would have to wade through the tall grass to get there, but you know..." and Tamada then said to send the local government 1,000,000 faxes to request permission for Ringo to do a show there these guys...

Last edited by tsukigimehime : 2015.12.02 at 05:47 PM. Reason: grammar
tsukigimehime is offline   Reply With Quote