Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.01.14, 02:57 PM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Unhappy How can Shiina Ringo be 'incapable' of writing another KZK?

Sorry, this again.

I think I'm entering the phase now where I don't want to believe that Muzai Moratorium, Shouso Strip, KZK and Dynamite Out are my only means of getting a mind-blowing SR experience.

I know there are such things as one-hit wonders, she didn't make all the pre-Jihen stuff, and that includes B-Sides, all by accident! Surely, from Muzai Moratorium to Shouso Strip to KZK, she couldn't just all of a sudden FLASH! Lose her songwriting talent -- well, the talent that produced Shouso Strip and KZK in the first place. Aren't you supposed to get better at a skill if you keep doing it?

I can understand the Tokyo Jihen fans getting annoyed with the hyperbole that usually comes up when discussing SR's latest ventures, but after listening to Shouso Strip and KZK, and realising that there are. Sure, there may be more artists talented than Shiina Ringo in certain areas, but I still haven't found an artist whose music replaces hers. MM/SS/KZK just clicked with me.

Tokyo Jihen is a good band. But going from Shuukyou to, say, Shuraba. It's just totally different levels of 'like.' MM/SS/KZK = Rocks my world, reaches into my soul and all that sentimental navel-gazing crap TJ = Merely 'cool' music that I like to nod my head to.

I'm obviously late to the party with this because I'm a more recent SR fan than many, and the people who were once at this stage have moved on to better pastures. But damn, I want more Shuukyou, Yattsuke Shigoto, Souretsu.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the likely scenario is that SR isn't necessarily incapable of writing another KZK, but the album was so time-consuming and energy-sucking that it's unlikely to be reproduced any time soon? Despite that, she still was able to do Muzai Moratorium and Shouso Strip (Without giving birth, at that).

Any reassurance, even though no-one here knows anything more about SR's future plans than I do?

I'm hoping she's one of those spontaneous people who will get up one morning and suddenly decide to change direction.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.14, 03:16 PM   #2
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

It's funny, me being such a recent fan, that I'm seeing someone pass for the same despair I passed through in August/September (iirc).
There's nothing we can say that could reassure you, you have to deal with that problem by yourself, lol. You'll probably reach one of these:

1) Everything she releases is good.
2) Never lose hope, even if each new release is just garbage. And keep listening to her old stuff.
3) You become Jihad 2.

I'm a 2), btw. A 3) is someone who has lost all possibly hope in Ringo, which may be the wisest choice (not joking!).
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.14, 03:22 PM   #3
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Technically becoming JR 2 is probly the worst-worst case, moreso than becoming Jihad 2. She doesn't even come around anymore =(

EDIT: I disagree with Maou's sentiment. The idea that she needs her bandmates to carry her shows the sad truth.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2009.01.14 at 03:28 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.14, 03:23 PM   #4
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I think she's capable of writing like that again when she's motivated. However, even if she wrote something on the level of say Morphine or Tadashii Machi for Tokyo Jihen, it would sound like shit because TJ Phase 2 tonally sounds like shit. [/Maou mini rant]

She joined the band so she wouldn't have to take on an endeavor like KSK by herself again. Nobody in the current lineup can write anywhere near that level. Hirama Mikio and HZM could have written an album for TJ as good as SS. Seriously, just listen to Mikki's Akuma or Sainara. They would have been top-tier TJ songs. HZM's Haru Hayate is likewise brilliant.

If you want high level SR, she's going to have to replace some members of the band or ditch them completely. I'd love for her to make the Ringo Expo Band her full-time band.
Old 2009.01.14, 05:31 PM   #5
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

it might be best that there is one and will only be one album as like KSK. Even if she were to attempt to make something similar again, the comparisons would start and in the end many fans would still hold KSK in higher regard.

the material for that album was made when she was on hiatus due to pregnancy.

She has to get pregnant again. That's the only way to get Ringo in the mental zone to make such an album, if she even wants to do that again. She really loves her band.

Who's up to the challenge of making that happen?

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2009.01.14 at 05:35 PM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.14, 05:43 PM   #6
Maou

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Who's up to the challenge of making that happen?
I'm your best bet. I believe I've been the most "personal" with her of the forum members since she waved and smiled at me during the Ringo Expo. I'm also not gay or married so I have that over some of the other forum members. I accept the task of impregnating Ringo with the daughter she wants and making her kick ass again.
Old 2009.01.14, 05:45 PM   #7
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I'm young and pure so I'll accept the task! also don't forget Shiina was in the UK a while back so maybe she wants a UK boy!!!
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.14, 05:57 PM   #8
Maou

She wants a man not a little boy. The only thing that can keep me from completing this task is my first love: Hui-Ping.
Old 2009.01.14, 06:01 PM   #9
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
She wants a man

Are you that sure? she might want a woman.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.14, 06:03 PM   #10
Maou

I can be that too.