Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.08.10, 12:22 PM   #51
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

isn't the same style than Hatsuiku status DVD cover?

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.03, 11:02 PM   #52
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I'm still gloating over my zero-press Gips with the forbidden cover art, and the disc itself comes in gold instead of blue. It's part of a special double cardboard folding package with Tsumi to Batsu, but that other half of the set is nothing extraordinary. The set is a "Not For Sale" package branded by Toshiba-EMI Japan, and it's probably the rarest thing I've come across aside from Shiina Ringo audio cassette tapes.
O_O What was it made for then?!? (And how did you get it?!?) And yeah, is the cover of the one where's she supposedly cutting herself? @_@

Originally Posted by zach View Post
And, I've purchased probably 10 copies of KSK as gifts.
You're a nice person. @_@
Old 2007.10.03, 11:28 PM   #53
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Yeah, it's the cover where she has the knife above her wrist instead of above the apple, and she has a sadistic smirk. This cover was never available on the retail CD (first-press or otherwise - I own both of those so I'd know). There's a poster for that Gips shot, but then again there's something crazy like three or four alternate Gips posters, of slightly different pictures that all look like they were from the same photoshoot. I don't own any of the posters yet though. It's hard to find one in good condition (after so many years) and for a decent price.

I got my promo double-package off of Yahoo! Japan Auctions, via Shopping Mall Japan. When all was said and done with closing price, shipping, and commissions, it cost me roughly $50 USD. But in the one year that I've scoured Yahoo! Japan Auctions for gems, I've only seen three of those for sale. Even more rare than a Where Is The Love LP (I've only seen four of those), or a Sweets for my SPITZ LP (I've seen five of those).

ZCS audio cassettes are probably the rarest thing I own aside from HZM-autographed Electric Mole DVD of limited packaging.
Old 2007.10.05, 05:00 AM   #54
benkai ringo

benkai ringo pleased at least somebody

^^
That comes to mind..
Glath do you happen to know, did EMi release DO in audio cassette?
Becouse i remember clearly that one of my olds friends
many many years back then, had some cassettes in her home and one
of them had the dynamite cover in it..And now years after i realised that it
might have been Dynamite Out!
So since you seem to know lot of things considering Shiina's releases,what
do you think was it just a louzy bootleg pirated version of it or real official stuff...
I mean if i would have realised this earlier.... but i guess it was a pirate since he was russian and well so.....yeah you get the rest of the story
benkai ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.05, 08:08 AM   #55
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

All of the audio cassettes are promos, and they've only been for solo-era Shiina Ringo. I've seen audio cassettes for Muzai Moratorium, Shouso Strip, ZCS, and some of the singles like Gips or Mayonaka wa Junketsu.

Once her career approached KSK, promos went dead for a bit (as far as I can tell), then they started back up in CD-only, for Ringo no Uta and La Salle de Bain - which strangely enough got their own separate discs. Electric Mole got nothing (that I've ever seen). The Phase 1 singles each got their own (complete with B-Sides) promo, and I'm not sure that Kyoiku got anything.

When Dynamite rolled around, Dynamite In got a three-track promo CD, and Dynamite Out for a four-track promo CD. If there's an audio cassette, I haven't seen one, and I've scoured Yahoo! Japan Auctions for at least a year - where you can find pretty much anything if you're patient enough. I really do believe they discontinued with the audio cassettes before Tokyo Jihen started up.

After around Shuraba/Adult, all subsequent promos have been individually watermarked CDs. Previous promo CDs (including the Dynamite ones) were factory-pressed - never unique or tracable to the individuals they were issued to.
Old 2007.10.06, 10:00 AM   #56
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I could never bring myself to buy any of the PV compilations. Seems like a waste with youtube and veoh out there. There is one bootleg present that I bought from a Book Off near Gardena.

ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.06, 10:09 AM   #57
badtzmaru

I can't figure out which one's the bootleg!! >_< And is there a special reason for the pattern in which you laid the CDs? o_o
Old 2007.10.06, 10:22 AM   #58
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

the Ringo Jihen stuff is supposed to be roughly chronological or organized by era.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.06, 10:32 AM   #59
badtzmaru

Oh, I thought you put it in a special shape or something. >_< Okay, I'm guessing the bootleg is the Shouso Strip CD. I think I read that the first press/limited edition came with a pink slip case over the regular black CD, and that looks like a digipak or something. @_@ *prepared to be wrong*
Old 2007.10.06, 11:21 AM   #60
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I got a twisted neck now, just cuz of you Shady.
I see that you have Micky's albums. Good for you!
You've got a pretty decent collection.