Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2014.03.18, 06:27 AM   #21
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Anyway, I just listened to the second song in full. And I gotta say, I reckon I like it even more than the first. Like the first track, easily would make something for James Bond- a great little "spy" ditty.

The chorus is the best part- where we get to hear Sayuri and Ringo harmonising together- I don't believe Ringo has ever had such great company. These two voices match each other wonderfully.

Unlike the first, it doesn't hit as strong on the first listen. However- the instrumentation is far more intricate and the structure of the song is far more satisfying- at least to me. Good stuff. I can't wait to see the PV for this one on the Version C DVD- I have fingers crossed that Ringo will make an appearance along Sayuri, now that I know her voice is so audible in the chorus. We will see.

For now, another totally enjoyable track. I'd gladly take more of this collab in the future.
Old 2014.03.20, 10:37 AM   #22
Rhea

Rhea is headed in the right direction

Almost full MV for 暗夜の心中立て
Sayuri

Still loving this song! The MV looks pretty as well.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.20, 01:51 PM   #23
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Too C9 for my liking...
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.29, 07:52 PM   #24
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I was listening to this track again and got to thinking this terrible thought

"Do I seriously think Ringo's voice would actually sound better here?"

What I mean is, Sayuri at this point in time, sounds a 100% perfect match (it helps that she is a totally focused and experienced enka singer) for the tone and mood here, would Ringo's voice honestly work better?

Am I terrible fan for thinking this?

We all complain when she gives out her songs to lesser vocalists, but what are the implications of giving out her songs to someone just as strong (or perhaps even better) in her own field? I can only imagine disappointment if Ringo were to perform this song herself from a lot of people...

What do other people think in regards to this situation? Keen to hear other opinions.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.03.29 at 07:57 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.29, 11:59 PM   #25
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
I had that thought right away, but didn't feel completely justified in posting it yet, because it's a tricky thing to explain. Sayuri Ishikawa clearly has more performance synergy with Saito Neko than Shiina Ringo usually has, and I would welcome more collaborations between them.
Old 2014.03.30, 01:24 PM   #26
Inseu

Ringo's voice is unique. Don't care for Sayuri's voice. I would probably love it if Ringo gave songs to Goto Mariko, Yasuha Kominami, Kinono Hotel etc
Old 2014.04.05, 03:31 PM   #27
deadgrandma

Sayuri with Ringo on NHK Songs, April 12
Old 2014.04.05, 06:45 PM   #28
anonlurker

That sounds interesting. Hopefully somebody will be good enough to cap it.
Old 2014.04.06, 11:07 AM   #29
Inseu

Listened to the new single in FLAC:

暗夜の心中立て 7/10: kinda boring after a few listens. It's enka after all...
名うての泥棒猫 9/10: pure Ringo.

Would +1 if Ringo herself on vocals.
Old 2014.04.06, 04:57 PM   #30
deadgrandma

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Watched the DVD. Second PV is more or less a fancy credits roll similar to Tengoku e Yokuso- Tokyo Bay ver. on Jihen's CS Channel. The full 4 minute PV of the main single is still fantastic, however, the DVD picture isn't great quality- I'm talking ugly ass digital artifacts, muddy overall transfer, no true blacks, it's like an early DVD tbh (the only thing that I can be thankful for is that it's actually anamorphic- so there's that :-p). But oh well, I'm mainly in it for the single, and the lossless really adds to it here.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.06 at 08:25 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote