Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.10.02, 08:57 PM   #251
Akagaminosteven

Akagaminosteven is headed in the right direction

The foot fetishist in me would have gone berserko.
Akagaminosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.02, 09:11 PM   #252
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

...enough la. Seriously. Sock sack who the hell cares. I think we have better things to talk about like...

Why Izawa sounds like he's playing the keyboards for count dracula in virtually every song on Variety (2007).

I still think it's a disgusting album in terms of music and in terms of album artwork as well. I don't forsee myself listening to that again. SR is a huge liar. The band was just talking cock in the interview when they called this a good album. It's not even SR b-side quality.

So Tsuchiya thinks Fukushuu is disgusting while Jihad and Maou liked it. Hardly surprising is it. As for me, well I've forgotten what it sounds like by now.
Old 2007.10.02, 09:18 PM   #253
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
The band was just talking cock in the interview when they called this a good album.
I'd love to see a band make music they don't like . It would be a crazy sight to watch.

Seriously, how were they lying? Because you did not like it?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.02, 09:27 PM   #254
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Why Izawa sounds like he's playing the keyboards for count dracula in virtually every song on Variety (2007).
Scared of organ? I only hear "count dracula" in like two tracks ("Tsukigime Hime" mainly). Also, it makes me think of the B-52's and I love it.
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.02, 09:29 PM   #255
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

...enough la.
lol chingalish
...sorry carry on...

I like Fukushuu too. There isn't exactly a "flow" or conintunity to this album's tracks anyway, so I don't think its out of place here.
Old 2007.10.02, 09:32 PM   #256
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

^Kasanagi: No it's Singlish.

^ Tsuchiya: I don't want to listen to that album anymore, even if it's to confirm/deny my generalisation of Izawa's keyboard tone in Variety.

And oh, I was listening to the first few tracks of Rice Music this morning and it reminded me of gamelan music. I think it's the scale used/choice of notes.
Old 2007.10.02, 09:33 PM   #257
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

That could be the reason; it's very hard to try and say something's good when you don't like it, so it feels like she's lying.

Maybe she meant that it's good (that she got this concept out of her system).
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.02, 09:34 PM   #258
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Tsuchiya: I don't want to listen to that album anymore, even if it's to confirm/deny my generalisation of Izawa's keyboard tone in Variety.
So don't be so ignorant as to make such a generalization while acknowledging that you are doing it without confirming it with the actual album.

EDIT:
Originally Posted by Positron View Post
That could be the reason; it's very hard to try and say something's good when you don't like it, so it feels like she's lying.

Maybe she meant that it's good (that she got this concept out of her system).
I believe they said it was something along the lines of a masterpiece. If they didn't like it, they would have done as you said, just say it was good and move on. They would not have praised at as much without liking it.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.02, 10:03 PM   #259
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Well, even if they truthfully believed that, it's not like that's going to stop people from thinking that they were talking out of their ass (which was the point).

Masterpiece, huh? She must have really liked the concept. I'll agree that it's a masterpiece in the sense that it showcases what Ukigumo and Izawa can bring for better or for worse (with a small bit of Kameda), but that's it.

Personally, I think she just overestimated this album. It happens. They'll just have to step it up on Phase 4.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.03, 03:34 AM   #260
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Positron View Post

Personally, I think she just overestimated this album. It happens. They'll just have to step it up on Phase 4.
next time anyone else says ringo overestimated the boys or this album I'm going to throw a virtual hissy fit

what doesn't anyone understand about the concept of a band and Ringo not calling all the shots? I think this album alone proves Ringo has as much elbow space in the band as any other member and clearly this album is as much a product of anyone else in the band as of her (even more so than her).

and ringo has done much much worse during her solo career IMO. I can count how many times I listen to ZCS on one hand.

I'm also going to be the ass who corrects everyone again by saying STOP REFERRING TO A PHASE 4, WE HAVEN'T EVEN REACHED A PHASE THREE. This has never ever been referred to, not even once, as Phase Three or whatever because Phase Two was a simple little gimmick they employed to smooth over the fact that Izawa and Ukigumo replaced the original players and has nothing to do with the albums (which is why Variety does not say Phase ANYTHING anywhere on it)
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote