Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.05.10, 05:24 AM   #161
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

^
Since Ukigumo didnt write anything for Ringo in the 4th solo album, I think I would give him a chance if he doesnt participate much in the album.

Stuff he had done for SR solo career is better than those in Jihen (except for the guitar arrangement in Sounan)
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.10, 05:29 AM   #162
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm with JR on this one.
And if I'll end up liking the new album, I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.10, 09:30 AM   #163
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

"this is a 2008 thread!!!" i noticed the fact after finishing 10 pages of reading XD

seems like there're a lot of Uki-haters in this forum... well, he's not that bad in ichijiku no hana. but i do like hirama MUCH MORE than uki because hirama is a pretty boy and uki is not, haha!
and i'm glad HZM, not Izawa, is involved in the new album - "piano X orchestra X electric guitar" this time? hard to imagine how these would blend together. i'm kinda afraid it's another HF...

by the way, i don't want ringo to collab with Togawa Jun. don't mix version 1 and version 2, you'll get an awful product :X
Old 2009.05.12, 11:14 PM   #164
Controversy

Controversy has had more than 15 seconds of fame

i've been spamming the audio rip of zazen extacy nowadays so i'm really in love with her own brand of electronica music. sr x electronica = pure sex.

hmm i don't mind the unplugged version i.e: ZCS's Onaji Yoru.

in other words, i have high hopes for this album.

p.s: at the risk of repeating this over-repeated statement: no more variety please. it was fun and uh new, but we need solo-sr now.
Controversy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.13, 01:55 AM   #165
merman

merman is an asset to this community

SR didn't have anything to do with the music on Variety, aside from probably a production standpoint. She's written all the songs on the new album so why would it sound anything like it? Variety didn't really sound like her so it's a safe bet we're getting something totally different.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.13, 05:27 PM   #166
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

after hearing the expo version of blackout, i'd rather ukigumo stay in the band.

the sixth member should be a guitar tech whose only job is to make sure his equipment makes what uki plays sound beefy.

hirama is overrated on the technical level but his gear sounds good.

variety failed because it was too poppy. they need to get serious. ringo needs to take more control because there was too much creative freedom on that album so there wasnt a real focus. thinking of variety itself as a concept is lazy.

if whoever it is who played the elec guitar on the new single joined. i'd like that

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2009.05.13 at 05:46 PM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.14, 02:10 AM   #167
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
after hearing the expo version of blackout, i'd rather ukigumo stay in the band.

the sixth member should be a guitar tech whose only job is to make sure his equipment makes what uki plays sound beefy.

variety failed because it was too poppy. they need to get serious. ringo needs to take more control because there was too much creative freedom on that album so there wasnt a real focus. thinking of variety itself as a concept is lazy.

if whoever it is who played the elec guitar on the new single joined. i'd like that
I think the VARIETY concept was a good one, and funnily enough, it was the kind of idea that would REALLY benefit from SR's songwriting. It could have included things like Yattsuke Shigoto and novelty stuff like Stoicism. It was wasted on Ukigumo and Izawa.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.14, 02:24 PM   #168
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post

Nagoshi is much better than Ukigumo (and Hirama). Especially during the Blackout solo. A new guitar tech wouldn't help Uki at all since his tone is exactly how he wants it. If he grabbed Hirama's rig he would still sound like Ukigumo.

And you're wrong about Hirama being technically overrated. There's not a single person who has said Hirama is technically better than Ukigumo. Hirama simply plays the right notes at the right time. However, Uki's technical skill is overrated. Adult and Variety are not vastly superior on a technical scale like some former members would like others to believe.
Old 2009.05.14, 07:19 PM   #169
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

tegami solo! there cant be someone who thinks that sucks or eskigumo's work on ksk either. but i think i prefer nagoshi over hirama. but he doesnt want to be in TJ or Ringo doesnt want him in.

and the playing the right notes at the "right time?" i dont even know how one could explain this in a freeform art like music.

professional musicians can take notes out of the key of a song and make it sound right. soooo

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2009.05.14 at 07:26 PM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.15, 11:42 AM   #170
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Tegami solo used to be my favorite on the album, but it wore down with more listens. It's exactly what I'm talking about when I say right notes at the right time. He sacrifices passion for more notes in the song. The ending is terrible. It's like he didn't know how to finish it so he just played something fast. I prefer the Himitsu solo over Tegami now.