Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.25, 05:35 AM   #321
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by EmilScherbe View Post
It might be a kind of tradition.
Kiyohiko Senba & The Haniwa All-Stars feat. Demon Kogure

from 1991 concert. and Saito Neko was one of 53 person orchestra.
O_O I'm not even sure how to react to that video... so bizarre.
OKAY... carry on with the tradition...
Old 2009.06.25, 05:39 AM   #322
clakaz

clakaz is an asset to this community

Some bits of translations of this radio interview. (my japanes isn`t perfect so I`m just doing parts that I'm moreso sure, and resumed)

- Briefly introduction talks, Kame Ongaeshi, Ringo Expo, new single, new album.
- She had stated that she would do just three albums. Then she formed Tokyo Jihen, because if she was willing to continue making music, she felt that she couldn`t do this alone. But this feeling is not that strong anymore.
- The MC noted that Kameda produced the 2 first albums but didn`t participated of KZK neither SG and Ringo replies that he is already very active on TJ, so that`s ok.
- About the collaborations. Shiina says that all the persons that she invited initally, accepted, so she was glad. She had a clearly image of the sound and the instruments that should be used so there was nothing "random".
- Concept of the album. Just like the cover insinuate, naked. (There is other interview floating around that goes further on this)
- She considers the Expo the live of this album, so she, initially, wasn`t thinking about doing more solo lives, but there are lot of requests, so she might put some thought.

There are some stuff about Tokyo Jihen versus solo activities, but since it's not clear to me, I will not put here to not feed unbased speculations.
clakaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.25, 06:01 AM   #323
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

This is amazing!! Thanks for posting, Emil! Impressive O_O, and Saito Neko was there too?!
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.25, 06:16 AM   #324
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by clakaz View Post
- She had stated that she would do just three albums. Then she formed Tokyo Jihen, because if she was willing to continue making music, she felt that she couldn`t do this alone. But this feeling is not that strong anymore.
Thank god.
Old 2009.06.25, 06:21 AM   #325
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
O_O I'm not even sure how to react to that video... so bizarre.
OKAY... carry on with the tradition...
I didn't watch the video until you commented on it. I was watching it with quiet fascination until it completely changed tone at around 2:00. Then I burst out laughing. It was like if aliens on some distant planet intercepted the television signal of an Elvis concert and were trying to recreate it as accurately as possible.

Still feeling some cross-cultural shell shock, but I like it! Inspired. Amazing.

YouTube has a listing for a Jun Togawa performance at this concert, which would be double amazing, but the video seems unavailable. Pity.

Last edited by TeslaGuy : 2009.06.25 at 06:43 AM.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.25, 06:47 AM   #326
JonnoJ

JonnoJ is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by papilionidae View Post
and here are "Kaze to Rock" + TOWER publication + SG pictures. DON'T click this one if you don't want to spoil your expectation to the package...
Argh, she's only a step away from becoming a proper gay icon now lol, needs to do a few interviews in that fierce RingoExpo headdress, concerts with Kaya (if only...) or something lol.
And a bit of addenda to my review,地点から is pissing me off a bit - I love it; but I can't work out why. It's slightly cheesy, variety-esque and high-pitched Shiina. Also 色恋沙汰 has grown on me immensely, still one of the weaker tracks on the album, but am quite liking it.
Old 2009.06.25, 07:27 AM   #327
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
In the "thank you" section at the back of the booklet she writes "ichiro-sama" ;;raises eyebrow;; and then she has a little bit where she writes a thank you to everyone she has ever met and everyone she will ever meet. she adds a comment noting something along the lines of "with thoughts and thanks for all that I have and how far I've come" and ends it with "arigatou, sayonara, hajimemashite" or "thank you, farewell, how do you do." I thought it was very tasteful, understated, and humble
niiice. i guess she really likes ichiro. thank goodness for him, though, since we get to have "superstar". i really like that she had that "how do you do" at the end, i love that kind of nonsensical thing.

also, why is fluffie such a hater. it's like a bull looking at a red flag.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.25, 07:36 AM   #328
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

That was quite possibly the most bizarre and awesome thing ever.
Old 2009.06.25, 08:18 AM   #329
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
YouTube has a listing for a Jun Togawa performance at this concert, which would be double amazing, but the video seems unavailable. Pity.
You mean this?
Jun Togawa

its surprisingly tame...

edit: I love how Demon Kogure & Jun Togawa and Haniwa All Stars are overshadowing SG... hahahaha.

Last edited by justriiingo : 2009.06.25 at 08:21 AM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.25, 09:50 AM   #330
whitetap

whitetap is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
wow, these forums are deaaaad. everyone has the album and thats that. I suppose when people who purchased it get theirs in the mail it will get a bit more active.

I won't be able to get the album for another 3 weeks due to travelling. What is being said on this forum is exciting me hugely.
ARGH! (I think I should move over to itunes Japan to spoil myself with some clips now. I have avoided even Shun so far!)
I like your review Kuro
whitetap is offline   Reply With Quote