Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.02.11, 06:07 AM   #231
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
Oh, I'm not that dramatic. Not as dramatic as people who glance at a tiny image on a computer screen, beamed from a foreign country, of a woman they seem to admire very much (or why would they be here? in spite of her?) and whose reaction is to call it "shit" or "embarrassing" with nothing to back it up....not even an entertainingly bitchy phrase, just empty-headed posturing that I'd expect from a twelve-year-old. (I'm not talking about you, grumble_cake. Or Jihad or Maou or others who put some thought into their posts.)

Remember, this is coming from the person who gave second chances to now-famously-banned posters. I am one damn calm administrator....but some of this juvenile snark is starting to bug me.
Oh you must mean me then. You're endlessly apologetic posting about this crappy music being good annoys me in equal measure too.

So the zealot in you can't take posts that dismiss the music and you are struggling to remain calm?

Ban me then you fucking zealot sycophant cunt!

If I have to become more rude to earn a ban then let me know. I did ask to be let go before but nobody seemed to have the nerve to do it? This place has drowned in utter faggotory which is probably why so many of you like the show tunes I guess.

Ban away bro then you're one step closer to the perfect EMF utopia of everyone being in equal agreement about the music.

I think Jihad, justriiingo and one or two others are the only sane people left here anyway! the rest are just the usual bunch of weeaboos who think it's all OMG kawaii amazing. Fuck the lot of them.

Cheerio.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 06:45 AM   #232
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

This is the reason why more and more people do not want to share their thoughts here.

Please just stop.
I don't want to lose any one of you.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 08:00 AM   #233
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I disagree that this forum is now full of weeaboos. That sounds a bit strawmannish. There's not much activity on either side of the fan spectrum.

I love reading criticism. I just don't like reading it when there's a layer of smug self-satisfied superiority buried under it. It's like whenever Ringo releases an average song, there's this circle-jerk celebration of how SHITTY of an artist she is.

With this song, I think I actually felt disillusionment in my stomach. Even Tengoku didn't have as bad as an effect. I want to say that I'm shocked that she has the *cheek* to release ANOTHER song like this, and it makes me wonder whether she's surrounded by yes men, but it's clearly what she's into now. I know for a fact that if she applied her songwriting to another style, it'd be great (I liked Sanmon Gossip) and I think her decline is 65% down to bad decisions (not bad songwriting), as opposed to, say, Weezer. It's not deluding myself -- it's fucking true. Not to say that the output should be criticised any less, but this is why I still follow her. I keep hoping that she'll 'move on' , but this song is a slap in the face in that regard.

Also I don't know what she has against her old style, when there was nothing about it that was tied to any particular genre. I don't think the song is awful or the genre is inherently awful, or that Ringo shouldn't be doing it -- but she keeps playing it very straight.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 08:05 AM   #234
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
While this forum may act as though both sides of the opinion scale are respected I don't think that's true.

There seems to be a default postion assumed that everything released is all OMG amazing and if you dare disagree then you must be some kind of leper for refusing to drink the forum kool-Aid.
I know this is several pages late but I just want to say nooooooo, that's not quite true.

It's really funny how each side feels as if they are the wronged one. Republicans and Democrats, even two people dating, each feels under attack and like the victim in the middle of a conflict. Well, it can't be true that they're BOTH under attack, can it?

Same thing here. According to what you said, you think EMF is a forum of blind Ringo/Jihen lovers who eagerly lap up everything they put out.

Uhhh... hahahaa. Then why do we have a reputation outside EMF for being nothing but a bunch of haters??

There are seemingly-blind haters and there are seemingly-blind lovers here. It all depends on your perspective as to which reigns supreme. If you're a lover, you think we're all haters and you feel defensive and persecuted and singled out. If you're a hater, you think we're all lovers (and same as above). It is your own status as a hater that makes you think everyone else minus a handful is "kawaii weeaboo OMG amazing" admirers. Honestly, I just don't think that's the case. The reaction in this very thread has been QUITE mixed and it has not been solely that handful you listed doing the hating. I'd say the overall reaction has been negative... like 70/30 negative maybe.
(Should I attach a poll to every product review thread so we can all see at a glance what the overall forum opinion of the release is? Haha. I am tired of having to point out that it isn't all positive or all negative to those who feel the opposite.)

Like I said, it's the same as with political parties and romantic disputes!

I think, objectively, we are a mix. Let's look at things without getting jaded by partisanship!

Also Bongo, you've quit and come back and quit and come back like several times by now. It would have been silly to ban you [you actually requested total account deletion--something we do NOT do on a regular basis as it's much trickier and causes more problems, not because we "didn't have the nerve"--you just requested something kiiind of unthinkable] when you couldn't even make up your mind once and for all whether to stay away or not. We knew that and that's why we didn't make a rash permanent decision. In fact, you even requested that we remove your forum access--we did, and then you changed your mind and created a new account to come back! (breaking the rules in the process)

If you'd like to be banned instead of deleted though then just let us know. I think that would be much more doable! (not trying to sound snarky)
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 08:08 AM   #235
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm not amused by the new show-tuney song (and I'm definitely not in the she-should-just-rock-out-all-the-time camp). It's probably not bad, but definitely not my cup of tea. This is not a type of music I have any inclination to seek out.
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 08:15 AM   #236
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tsuchiya View Post
Uki isn't even playing in the b-side....
Sounds like a step in the right direction.

It's not even so much that it's another one of those granny jazz songs, but still the quality of it. Onna would not be known as one of the better songs on HF or SG. It's one of the weakest Disney Princess songs and doesn't deserve to be considered as a double A-side.

Originally Posted by Superficial Fan View Post
(and I'm definitely not in the she-should-just-rock-out-all-the-time camp).
Neither am I. Her "jazz" side just never has any substance or groove anymore.
Old 2011.02.11, 08:16 AM   #237
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

I have no problem with something disliking something. It's not like everyone will agree on anything ever. Though, when that dislike also implies that anyone who does like something is lame/an eight year old girl/a fag/etc., it is irritating. That's just rude and in poor taste.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 08:23 AM   #238
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Judging by The Princess and the Frog and Tangled, I actually think that Ringo could compose better Disney Princess songs than Disney at the moment.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 08:33 AM   #239
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

whaaaaaaaaaaaaatever. I love the Princess and the Frog songs!!! (haven't seen Tangled yet)
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.02.11, 08:37 AM   #240
oh opeo

oh opeo pleased at least somebody

Princess and the Frog and Tangled had the weakest Disney musical numbers imo. hahaha
oh opeo is offline   Reply With Quote