Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2015.07.24, 04:07 AM   #881
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Tower Records have heaps of Oomori stuff according to my mate. Try there I suppose.

A full (shorter) set of Tokarev from last year. Not bad for an unofficial recording.

Tokarev

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.07.24 at 05:08 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.25, 04:42 PM   #882
Hideki

Hideki has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Thanks deadgrandma for the clarification...I thought it might have been (but wasn't trying to gloat about it). The guitar tabs inside and Seiko's liner notes for them are definitely a cool addition. Maybe I'll finally be motivated to pick up guitar.

As for finding her stuff in Japan, where have you been looking? If you're going to general CD stores it might be hard to find anything before Kyuru Kyuru (anything before avex), I was surprised at how lame most CD shops in Japan are compared to Tower or Disk Union. Then again, in 2013 I went right after all her early albums went out of print so even tower records and other record stores had nothing. Tokyo is usually stocked but if you're out anywhere else the record stores might not have an abundance of stuff.

As for Togawa, I don't think her stuff is in print anymore so it definitely wouldnt be in most places, even tower records. I picked up all stuff related to her in the Used section of various Disk Unions.
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.25, 05:52 PM   #883
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

I've been checking Book-Offs all around Japan -- and also some general music stores. I was in Tokyo last week but might not go again. Too bad I haven't heard of Disk Unions before now, but didn't see much I liked at Tower Records. Only seen Avex stuff at Book-Off and nothing else elsewhere. For Togawa, I found Dial M, Dadaism from Yapoos and also Showa. Book-Off. Got every Shiina CD I wanted.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.25, 06:34 PM   #884
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

If you're in Japan, I'd just take up the free shipping that Amazon orders. Cheaper there anyway.
Old 2015.08.06, 06:38 PM   #885
deadgrandma

Meet your new Idol duo that Oomori is writing for (music and lyrics it seems) while she takes her maternity leave.

These two are in some kind of drama too, but I didn't care enough to look into it. Just wanna hear the song(s)!

natalie.mu/music/news/155775
Old 2015.08.06, 10:39 PM   #886
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

The young lady on the right is Aonami Jun, from the Seishun Isei Kouyuu PV (and related works)
The young lady with the bob is called Yoshida Rinne; I'm not familiar with her, but I guess she began promoting as and idol sometime last year. Best of luck to the both of them

Last edited by tsukigimehime : 2015.08.06 at 10:44 PM.
tsukigimehime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.07, 06:26 PM   #887
deadgrandma

This news revealed:

Seiko Oomori has songwriting credits for the second A-side of this supergroup, Natsu no Mamomo. The first A-side is written by Mariko Goto. Single is out on 26th of August. A side note: One of the members of The Pink Tokarev is in this band (the guy on the right sporting the Oomori tshirt). I've heard the Goto song and it's well... pretty fucking crazy.

Very interesting development.

Waiting for the inevitable. Goto/Oomori album.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.08.07 at 06:48 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.10, 08:20 PM   #888
Hideki

Hideki has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I was cleaning my room and I found a folder of fliers that I got from my Japan trip during New years 2012/2013. Played I-Spy Oomori Seiko and found her in three of them!

When she still gigged at Enban

A gig with Suichuu, sore wa kurushii. The singer was at the end of the Tsumaranai Yoru DVD...and I saw him with Seiko in pics at recent gigs too (suspicious).

Pretty crazy lineup!
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.13, 06:27 AM   #889
Parsec

Parsec is headed in the right direction

Huh, Wonderful World End was shown in my hometown's film festival...

http://miff.com.au/program/film/wonderful-world-end
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.14, 06:36 PM   #890
deadgrandma

大森靖子が『SPACE SHOWER TV presents きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅの“なんだこれTV”』
にゲスト出演!

初回放送:8/21(金) 23:00~23:30
リピート放送: 8/29(土) 25:00~、8/31(月) 13:30~、9月予定

Main guest on the KPP talk show thingy in a couple of weeks.

If she plays Shinjuku I'm gonna freak out!