Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.06.20, 03:14 PM   #11
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Georgy Porgy is fun.

Anyway, listening to the SS & KZK combo for the first time, I envy you! Better late than never, and will keep you on cloud nine for some time. The real Shiina Ringo has a prominent mole on her cheek. That's how you'll know what to listen to next.

Dopamint is just some strange meme word people post here. Just ignore it, it doesn't exist.

so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.20, 03:31 PM   #12
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Don't listen to them, they're old fuddy duddies :-p. Just fucking go for it and ignore everyone else.
I plan on it. By the way, what's your avatar? It looks kind of Junji Ito-ish.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
SS, MM, any singles up to (and including) Ringo no Uta (you can substitute in Watashi no Houden).
? Is that the same Ringo no Uta from Kyouiku? Or did the single not feature the other four band members?
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.20, 03:49 PM   #13
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I forgot all about the version on Kyouiku. Yeah, originally she released Ringo no Uta as a solo single. Very different from the Jihen version you find on Kyouiku.

The single also gives you La Salle de Bain (which some people adore) and the completely kick ass Ringo Catalog.
Old 2011.06.20, 04:02 PM   #14
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
Is that the same Ringo no Uta from Kyouiku? Or did the single not feature the other four band members?
It's like somebody has their back to something that is impending and awesome while preoccupied with discussing something that is well, "pretty good"...

With Ringo no Uta you have to see the video anyway. She reprises all of what I once saw described as her Cindy Sherman-esque solo personas. Ringo Catalog is inspired, and yes I think some people adore La Salle de Bain.

so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.20, 06:14 PM   #15
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
I plan on it. By the way, what's your avatar? It looks kind of Junji Ito-ish.
Yeah, it's TOMIE
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.20, 06:18 PM   #16
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Here's what to do!

Listen to all of her songs in chronological order, but listen to the entire album through.

Only listen to one "era" per day.

This is how I got accustomed to Ringo + TJ, and it gives you a really fantastic way to see how her music has progressed.

Starting with KZK is probably the WORST thing you could ever do.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.20, 10:10 PM   #17
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Yes. Starting with KZK will make you hate EVERYTHING ESLE. I guess go back and forth.

1. Pick one album
2. Put it in your music player
3. Listen to the whole thing (DON'T SKIP A SONG. LISTEN TO ALL SONGS AT LEAST ONCE)
4. Alternate albums
5. ???
6. PROFIT!!!
7. Brag about it on EMF

Don't skip the songs. I used to always skip soretsu but one day I decided to give it a go. I hate myself for skipping it for 2 years.

Oh yeah, did you hear that Ringo did a cover on nyancat? ITS BLOODY FANTASTIC.

W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.20, 10:23 PM   #18
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I gotta get miself a trollface tshirt
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.20, 10:50 PM   #19
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Best to put it on the underside of the shirt.

Once you trolled someone. Flip that shirt up over your head. Surprise trollface is surprise.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.21, 07:04 AM   #20
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Okay, so I listened to Shouso Strip twice yesterday. Definitely not on the level of KSK, but still very very impressive.

Favorite two tracks on the album are probably Kyogenshou and Yokushitsu...and I have to say, the experience of listening to an entire album is lessened when your favorite tracks are first and second... But I do also love Tsumi to Batsu and Honnou -- Yami ni Furu Ame too.

The only track I can honestly say I don't like is Gips, but I can imagine there are people here who probably love it. It's just a bit too generic for my taste. On that note, I can definitely hear Kameda's influence on the entire album (did I read that he wasn't involved with KSK at all?)...for whatever reason I'm just not a fan of Kameda arrangement-wise (bass-wise is another story )

I just keep finding myself drawn back to KSK. Okonomi de has been looping in my head since I first listened to it -- easily my favorite TJ/SR song, at least for now. Shuukyou is a work of art. Doppelganger, Yattsuke Shigoto, Kuki, Ishiki -- all amazing. Souretsu is some way to end an album, and a bit of a surreal experience in the pitch black of night (and incidentally, even more of a surreal experience with a bat circling the top of your room during the organ crescendo )

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Starting with KZK is probably the WORST thing you could ever do.
Originally Posted by W3iHong View Post
Yes. Starting with KZK will make you hate EVERYTHING ESLE. I guess go back and forth.
Haha I'm definitely getting that impression. And I think I made it worse by listening to Shouso Strip second

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Yeah, it's TOMIE
I need to read Tomie...I've only read Uzumaki, Gyo, and some of the Museum of Terror stuff...
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote