Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.06.18, 05:08 PM   #161
ophy

ophy pleased at least somebody
Default moved from "Tokyo Jihen New Single & Fall Tour"

I love this single. I thought I really hated it at first, but I found myself humming it at work and wanting to dance. Then, I knew it was great.

It's very Tsumiki Asobi and Sigma to me, I'd even say Kenka Joutou a little bit.

I don't know why...it just grew on me in a short period of time. It's very catchy, and I can't quite tell you why. I definitely want this live. I'd love to see her unwind like this, grit and all.

Sometimes it's just fantastic to have a singer belt it, grate it, and let loose.

I'm so excited now!
Old 2007.06.18, 05:15 PM   #162
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

I wouldn't be surprised if this song opened or closed their new tour sets.

It's a strong, band-inclusive tune.

I'm liking this Phase 3 more and more.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.18, 05:16 PM   #163
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

A deeper-beneath-the-surface question to ask is, if OSCA had nothing to do with Tokyo Jihen or Petrolz or any band we were familiar with...

If we'd heard the song by chance and under those circumstances, and if it sounded exactly the same but without the artifically enhanced appreciation from cinematography, how many of us would actually still care about the song?

It's not a bad song, but I think people here want to like it because they're already been waiting for it. I also think people with little or no imagination would get bored with the song faster (or ever) if they only heard the song but never actually saw the PV. Because the song completely on its own, without any associated band-branding or PV, is, well... like Maou said...
It's average.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.18, 05:20 PM   #164
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
If we'd heard the song by chance and under those circumstances, and if it sounded exactly the same but without the artifically enhanced appreciation from cinematography, how many of us would actually still care about the song?
I won't.

This question needs its own poll.
Old 2007.06.18, 05:21 PM   #165
ophy

I still think I'd like the song. I'm a sucker for repetition.

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs held me for quite a while even though their lyrics don't really mean anything, and I don't think they are very talented.

I was still attracted to them because of the quality of the singer's voice and the repetition.. I just can't break from that shit.

I get what you mean, Glathannus, a lot of people who like Ringo (and TJ, of course) seem to be full supporters even if some of her songs are average, or even, dare I say it, sucky.

We should just admit it: no human being nor set of human beings can pump out fantastically deep hits that are not only lyrically amazing but also musically euphoric ALL the time. It just isn't possible.

Or, at least, I haven't found anyone who can.
Old 2007.06.18, 05:23 PM   #166
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post

It's not a bad song, but I think people here want to like it because they're already been waiting for it. I also think people with little or no imagination would get bored with the song faster (or ever) if they only heard the song but never actually saw the PV. Because the song completely on its own, without any associated band-branding or PV, is, well... like Maou said...
It's average.
Exactly what Justin and I were talking about earlier (the whole thing, bold just for emphasis
Old 2007.06.18, 05:29 PM   #167
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default moved from "The OSCA Thread"

I quote Glath:

A deeper-beneath-the-surface question to ask is, if OSCA had nothing to do with Tokyo Jihen or Petrolz or any band we were familiar with...

So the situation is:
1. You heard the song randomly.
2. You have no clue who the artist is.
3. You didn't see the PV.

Would it pique your interest in the artist?
Old 2007.06.18, 05:37 PM   #168
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I tend to think this thread wont work =(
Old 2007.06.18, 05:39 PM   #169
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I think what he's trying to say is that just because somebody thinks the vocals are bad, doesn't make the vocals bad.
This is exactly what I was trying to say.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
4ail Hedo, thats not your style. Leave that kinda shit to posters like "Adrian."

And you also 4ail to explain how that quote makes any sense. By extension, your logic says "just cuz you like Osca doesnt mean you should say its great." How does that effing work?
hah, poor adrian . But anyway, so inaudible whisper explained what I meant to say, does it make sense now? I'm not saying you can't dislike Ringo's work but I don't think you should trash her like she is not talented because you did not like something she did. Like nihmrat said, everything on the recording is meant to be like that so if you didn't like it thats fine but I think it shows how good she is that she can control her voice however she wants.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.18, 05:45 PM   #170
ophy

I don't think this topic needs another thread.