Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.13, 08:36 AM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Question I wonder what Shiina Ringo would be like on marijuana?

Look what weed did for The Beatles. If SR could make KZK without the influence, then what could she make with drugs? More viable option than getting her pregnant again. Just a bit, so her son won't suffer.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 08:51 AM   #2
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Lol, you're coming up with some amusing threads lately XD ... I thought you meant what would say KSK sound like on marijuana.

I'd guess one reason SR's great is that at her best she seemed like a workaholic and we need more music the calibre of Yokyou and nothing that would make her indolent and let her bandmates write more songs. Other drugs maybe!
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 08:52 AM   #3
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

maybe when her son grows up and goes on marijuana she will use too and then they will form a (good)band

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.13, 08:53 AM   #4
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Maybe from the moment she signed with EMI, she never touched drugs (again). But if she did the bulk of her MM/SS songwriting before she had even joined EMI, then there's no accounting for how much drugs she may have been on during her teenage pre-EMI years.

I bring that up mainly because the rambunctious pre-KSK material feels a little more on my wavelength when I am on marijuana.
Old 2009.04.13, 08:55 AM   #5
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Sex, drugs, and rocknroll and all of that!

Also, I have no doubt that Ukigumo would be awesome on drugs
Old 2009.04.13, 09:01 AM   #6
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Ukigumo might be as 'awesome' on drugs as I am on alcohol. It just shifts me into a more obvious (but not smarter) nerd. I don't know if Ukigumo on drugs would really be such a great idea...
Old 2009.04.13, 09:11 AM   #7
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I want SR on X, so she can write more songs like Yokushitsu.
Old 2009.04.13, 09:14 AM   #8
Glathannus
True Final Boss

You should try listening to that on 96kHz (or vinyl), in the dark.
That track (the Shouso Strip version) could really use it, more than most of her tracks could.
Old 2009.04.13, 09:17 AM   #9
Scribble R

I was thinking of getting some good quality earphones, actually. I'm used to my standard earphones. Does SR's stuff sound a hundred times better if I was to invest in some?
Old 2009.04.13, 09:23 AM   #10
Glathannus
True Final Boss

I recommend Grado SR-225s for most of her earlier recordings/masterings. Once you get into anything original after Kyoiku, or any of the remasterings - you might want some Sennheisers (with a headphone amplifier), or some Sonys (like my MDR-7509s) if you aren't getting an amp. The mid-priced Grados won't be bad with the later stuff, but they won't be great with it either.

I almost hate the sound of the original Shouso Strip mastering, especially when listening to it on expensive equipment. It's too dry and there's hardly any soundstage. It's almost as bad as Kyoiku. With Kyoiku, the more you invest into your solidstate-driven gear, the worse it sounds.

There's nothing wrong with investing in good speakers, either. Stoicism is the only track you 'need' headphones for. Headphones can be nice with many other tracks, but near-field studio monitors (like my Mackie HR824s) give you a similar listening experience, except without the isolation. When there aren't competing/distracting noises around me, the proper speakers can immerse me in an incredible atmosphere, which is especially nice with the concerts. Headphones are only nice for concerts when they have lots of soundstage, and when you have software or circuitry that will deliberately bleed a little bit of the sound from one channel to the other.