Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.08.20, 09:43 PM   #291
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

For better or worse, this is an Ukigumo album. Ringo must be really comfortable with his songwriting style. She started giving him the spotlight starting with Oiran. or even further back than that.

Its a bit interesting that Izawa wrote the black cat song.

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2007.08.20 at 09:50 PM.
Old 2007.08.20, 09:50 PM   #292
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

There is an inteview on Tokyo Jihen's EMI official website: ( http://www.emimusic.jp/vmc/artist/do...iew_070821.php ).

Here is a loose translation while I skimmed through parts I understood. Please note that I have only taken Japanese for 3 years in high school, and 1 year in university (starting my 2nd university year this fall), so I can understand it fairly well but I am sure the native speakers in this forum can give a broader perspective and add the interview topics I missed.

-----------------------
Izawa never created Killer Tune with the intention of it becoming a single. The main changes to Killer Tune from Izawa's "demo" version was the key of the song. The song benefited from each member in the band. Ukigumo is noted to have a unique "swing" sound with the guitar. Sometimes Ukigumo's tune is the opposite of what they expected when making a song, but it usually works out to be good.

BB.QUEEN was written 4 years ago. Shiina Ringo likes the chorus. It has similar twisting lyrics such like OSCA. You can't really judge what Variety will be from the two singles, they talk about. It will be full of many things. OSCA and Killer Tune sum up the general contrast that will be found in the album.

They go to talk why they used the kanji "Amusement" but gave it the katakana "Variety"... Shiina agrees that this has been the creation of a very good concept album. They (Shiina) confirm the television concept of each album. Adult and Education were constructed for narrow audiences, but the "Variety channel" will have something for everyone.
-----------------------

There is also more upcoming promotion. Tokyo Jihen will be on both upcoming Music Station and Countdown TV television shows.

A comprehensive list can be found on my blog: http://ringoran.wordpress.com/2007/0...ety-promotion/

Last edited by Op2 : 2007.08.20 at 09:55 PM.
Old 2007.08.21, 08:04 AM   #293
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

The cover is out!
(Yet, it doesn't say "Variety" on it... Will there be confusion?)
Old 2007.08.21, 08:37 AM   #294
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Thanks for the translation and cover, Op2mus! Is that really the cover though..? It looks like two people wearing Shiina Ringo and Izawa masks...
Old 2007.08.21, 08:38 AM   #295
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Yippieee someone's absent on the coverrr
Old 2007.08.21, 08:42 AM   #296
whitetap

whitetap is headed in the right direction

Thank you very much Op2!!
Old 2007.08.21, 09:39 AM   #297
fluffiethesock

You don't like Hata, ChickShhh?
Old 2007.08.21, 10:08 AM   #298
freackled

freackled is headed in the right direction

Is that Uki with the long hair and blue sweater in the upper left corner? If it is, I wonder if they purposely had him writing something down like that as if to show he wrote many of the songs. And they have Shiina holding up the sign, as if she's simply presenting the band, rather than leading it as much this time. Or maybe I'm just nitpicking and spewing out a lot of BS haha
Old 2007.08.21, 10:46 AM   #299
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Oh, that's a really cute cover. Yeah, it doesn't say 'variety' or even 'baraeti', so there's going to be some confusion/indignant people... but oh well. I wash my hands of it.
Old 2007.08.21, 01:04 PM   #300
fluffiethesock

What does it say on the card?
Closed Thread