Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.03.03, 07:34 PM   #1041
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

My sister and I get a good laugh out of it.
Old 2009.03.03, 07:49 PM   #1042
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

There's are better guilty pleasures out there, ones that have always been terrible thus sparring you feelings of regret and anger.

I'm gonna sell my season 1 dvd boxset, just so I can rid myself of the shame of having something connected to the franchise.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2009.03.04, 04:22 AM   #1043
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I have a few guilty pleasures. Prison Break is one. Heroes is just so bad it's frustrating though. I don't mind a far fetched plot, or one or two things that don't make sense, but the entire Heroes plot is a complete mess full of holes, loose ends and characters that change sides and powers on an almost episode by episode basis.
Old 2009.03.04, 08:12 AM   #1044
digdad

digdad has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm still slogging through Heroes too. But it does seem like the plot is conceived anew every week and the writers just don't have a clue where they want it to go. I'm still hoping they bring it back around. My wife gave up on the show at the beginning of last season, but she also gave up on Lost before if got really good...

I've been watching Dollhouse too. I was hoping for a lot more from it. The episode stories have been weak so far, but they keep hinting at intrigue in the final scenes with hints of some kind of memory left behind. I just want them to go somewhere with that before I lose interest.
Old 2009.03.04, 08:51 AM   #1045
cjhobbies00

Joss is not God...plus it's Fox. I'm pretty sure they had a role in Dollhouse's crappy beginning.

Edit -CW - Reaper S2E1

I'm glad it's back, it didn't really end with a bang last season and I'm hoping that it finally performs to its potential.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
Old 2009.03.05, 12:07 PM   #1046
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I watched the first 2 episodes of chapter 4
i thought they were good
i stopped watching, though, cause my bf hadnt seen the show and we are watching from the beginning
we're almost caught up and on season 3, episode 12
Old 2009.03.06, 06:28 AM   #1047
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I finally saw Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

HOLY CRAP.

I've never seen an audience less responsive to a tv host. Oh wait, no. I've never heard less ho-hum jokes in a variety show monologue. No wait, I've never seen a less cohesive host. Its like he walked out, read bullet-pointed jokes off of cue cards, and held for non-existent laughs. You could feel him flopping like a fish. Has it been this bad all week? Maybe ONE person in the audience let out a single chuckle during the second joke. It was a terible sight.
Old 2009.03.06, 06:45 AM   #1048
cjhobbies00

Can't say I'm surprised...was he ever funny on SNL?

There are so many good and desperate comedians out there...and they went with the Fallon.

Old 2009.03.06, 01:17 PM   #1049
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
Has anyone been following the new eps. of Heroes? Is it any good or am I right to have stopped watching it?
Unfortunately I am tied to it (by my own ridiculous need to finish what I start) until the end of this season. AND I CAN'T WAIT. IT'S SO SHITTY I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT. I honestly have no idea what the writers are thinking anymore. It's like they want the show to fail. It just keeps getting stupider and stupider. I'm also angry that they've now had like 3 different apocalyptic futures that everyone got all freaked out about, and each one just ends up being prevented but somehow everyone's still worried about it anyway! Now they've introduced a new one (whatever Matt drew on the floor of Isaac's old studio) and it's going to start all over again. HELLO YOU'VE DONE THIS BEFORE HEROES. Driving me crazy. So yeah if you've escaped stay far far away. I wish I could but I feel compelled to see it to the end. Like a train wreck.
Old 2009.03.06, 01:19 PM   #1050
cjhobbies00

You have my sympathies. I understand the compulsion and I'm truly sorry that you have to sit through 7 more eps of that garbage.

Closed Thread