Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.12.05, 07:50 AM   #91
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Oh, it's *that* show.

There's a really long interview on www.tokyojihen.com, in which Ringo and Izawa discuss Phase 2's past work, the CM, the single, their new direction, the PV, and a few details about 'Sports' (The new album). They talk about everything basically, and there's a lot of interesting music-related info in there. Not going to try and make sense of it, but at least the site says that the album's due next spring.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.05, 07:50 AM   #92
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
a lot of people said no. I think she asked Izawa and he said no and then she went to HZM.
Untrue. Shiina didn't even know Izawa until HZM brought her to one of Izawa's performances and said, "That's who should replace me." She got all her first choices for Phase 1 (her "dream band"), but had trouble finding a new guitarist for Phase 2 because some were either busy or just didn't want to be in her band. It's not been confirmed who denied her other than Uki though.
Old 2009.12.05, 08:05 AM   #93
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

underly underly mama

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.12.05 at 09:17 AM.
Old 2009.12.05, 08:08 AM   #94
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Another fakey :[
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.05, 08:39 AM   #95
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

Oh man, i actually liked that performance better than the last one. Her vocals were a bit steadier,

But the band still isnt playing right? , that and whats-his-face isnt singing
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.05, 09:17 AM   #96
Scribble R

Originally Posted by makenshiww View Post
that and whats-his-face isnt singing
Hirama? =P

So yeah, the vocals are better this time. But blah. Here's the same vid but with the added TJ introduction:

TJCDTV

Ringo is a bit pissed off, Hata wants to go back to bed, Izawa doesn't even know where he is...

And Uki looks like Jesus
Old 2009.12.05, 09:43 AM   #97
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

seriously with those earrings?

(but yeah, this performance is better)
Old 2009.12.05, 10:00 AM   #98
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Those is not cute.
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.05, 01:50 PM   #99
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

I think she was inspired by the motorcycle from the movie TRON.

duuude. I want Uki's SG!

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2009.12.05 at 01:53 PM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.05, 03:03 PM   #100
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

there is no latin lyrics in Gaman, all lyrics are kansai-ben japanese, but the piano is latin, so you see it referred to constantly in the interview as latin piano, hence the confusion.

I started to read the interview and its amazingly long. I read the first few paragraphs and I'll list some of the interesting facts. Apparently Ringo grew tired of the Variety music right after the tour finished, which isn't so unusual, most artists have this drive to do better work as soon as they have completed anything. She needed a year off to do the anniversary stuff but she didn't have any intention of doing a solo album or anything, in fact, she was focused on Jihen. She thought since they were taking time off their next effort should show tremendous growth, and they met towards the end of last year (after EXPO), before she had even started recording Sanmon Gossip, and around that time the theme for the album was decided. They all were so focused on doing whatever they hardly talked and even while writing music they didn't talk so much. They maintain a close relationship, so that once they meet to record they just show up with music and see what happens in the studio. That was how the new single was born, Ringo brought it as a practice song. This is *the first time* a theme has been picked and the songs written according to this theme. Variety and Adult were both albums where the theme was picked in correlation to the songs. Regarding the theme, the concept was "sports in your own way," according to Ringo, so this idea of sports might be quite loose and interpreted differently,

unfortunately, in the video comment Kameda says the new album is due in Spring. This probably means March-ish if we are lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced another single before then. At the time of this interview they were still recording.

oh, also, the title of gaman comes from the tension and friction inherent in the music izawa wrote.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.12.05 at 03:13 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote