Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.01.21, 10:15 PM   #141
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

When I bought Ringo Book at the Tower in Shibuya last May there were literally hundreds stacked on a table. Must have been hundreds more available. Nowhere on the display did it say "limited quantities!"
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.22, 08:50 AM   #142
mr. Pillow
ectoplasm

mr. Pillow is an asset to this community

First of all, thanks to Glathannus both for infos and advice.

Regarding limited editions, as of November/Dicember 2009 I never would have thought about collecting Shiina Ringo. I got into her music only recently, even if I actually purchased HF two years ago. It was my first SR album and I was so impressed I had to buy it; months later, I bought the Daiginjou DVD and Kono Yo No Kagiri. I usually prefer to buy limited editions, regardless of their stock status...but I have to admit I was a little disappointed with HF DVD still being sold since a while ago.

Anyway, I thought the Ringo BoOK was sold out thanks to Google Translator misreadings. If you say there's no need to rush in buying it, I won't worry that much. I will get it later. Now I'm more focused on buying "basic" things like studio albums or DVDs than to get collectibles.

(Forgive my poor english - I'm doing my best to make myself understandable, since I rarely speak - I mean, write - on foreign forums, neither I speak english that much in person.)
mr. Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.23, 06:58 PM   #143
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Well... I guess this is the thread it belongs in... but:

For those who missed out on Ringo BoOK... it is currently on sale for 3000 yen on Kronekodow. Sure, for a lot of us you will have to use a service like Noppin, but even with their charges and the international shipping, it is still gonna be much less than the usual price of 8800 yen plus fees plus shipping.

http://www.e-fanclub.com/nekoyanagi-...ocd=KN-SG-0442

I've ordered one for a friend here (I got my copy when it was full price dammit), came to 5,240 before shipping, though I'm gonna bundle it with other things from Yahoo Auctions I guess. I know a good deal when I see one (fans in Japan, what are you waiting for?), and Ringo BoOK (as many of you know) is a pretty neat collector's item.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.04.23 at 07:05 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.04.23, 08:58 PM   #144
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Right now I'm paying around $40 USD (nearly half the base price) just to transport the book.
That's probably not far from what it would cost today, in addition to the base price. So in the end, it's like $70ish USD, which is still a lot less than the total I was paying per book (I've stockpiled a couple). This is a really good deal. If I didn't already have at least one, it would be much easier (as a starving student) to justify paying $70 instead of the previous $125.

On one hand this makes me somewhat bitter, knowing that other people this late into collecting won't have to pay as much as I did (when this should've been cumulatively booming in the aftermarket each year), but on the other hand I know that some of my other collectables have gained a lot more value than the excess I spent on Ringo BoOKs.

Can't say I have any idea how large or fresh their inventory is, though. This could be like a clearance sale on a discontinued product, or they're now/still pumping out new Ringo BoOKs. Either way, the timing is probably meant to coincide with a 15th anniversary.

Damn, it's already been 5 years since the 10th anniversary. I know it's very simple and obvious math, but it doesn't feel like 2008 was 5 years ago.
Old 2013.04.23, 09:27 PM   #145
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I have a feeling its a clearance sale. Not much else catches my eye... Like pens. I do believe, however, that Ichigo Ichie CD (not set) is part of it too, if u missed out on it before

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.04.24 at 04:31 AM.
Old 2013.05.10, 11:30 PM   #146
deadgrandma

...and Ringo BoOK has now gone back up to 8,800 yen it seems. Hope anyone who was interested got in on time :-p
Old 2013.05.21, 01:21 AM   #147
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I got it during the sale. Yay! It's really nice and so much bigger than I was expecting! I had fun leafing through everything. I wish they had covered her pregnancy/childbirth more; there was only the one picture of her pregnant while lounging at home. Oh well.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.02, 11:46 PM   #148
deadgrandma

Thing I find bizarre:

At the current time it's generally cheaper to get this (and Ringo Box) on Y!A than the TJ Channel Guide book.

Go figure.

Lol, Ringo Box, I looked inside it once and then shelved it out of sheer fear of losing something...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.08.02 at 11:54 PM.
Old 2014.08.03, 01:13 PM   #149
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

I think I confused Ringo Book with the Ringo File book back in 2009. (Holy shit, five years ago!) I have the latter but not the former.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.03, 01:29 PM   #150
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

bout this while is was in Japan at an HMV. its insane its been so long.
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote